Northbridge voltage for stability

kevinali

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Hey Guys and Gals

I have a quick question,

My system is currently set up using the following settings

Q6700 @ 3.0 Ghz (333 x 9 or 12% OC) at a vcore of 1.236 (My VID is 1.2500V) (prime stable for 24 hrs), with a TRUE 120 and Synthe F fan (idle temps are 33, load temps are 46)

I have 8 GB of DDR2-667 Crucial ram (4 x 2gb @ 5-5-5-12 @ 1.8V @ 333 Mhz or 1:1 ratio)

The system runs like a charm, but every once in a while i get a blue screen with the IRQL_NOT_EQUAL message

My north bridge voltage on my Asus Maximus Formula is 1.360 V....

Given the fact that i have all 4 DIMM slots occupied, is my northbridge voltage too low and causing the errors, or should i bump up vcore (i would rather not, to keep the temps down)

What do you guys recommend for a northbridge voltage setting for a super stable system

Thanks

Kevin

I set my NB voltage to 1.45-1.49v. Increasing the NB voltage to these numbers did correct an occasional blue screen I was getting. I also was forced to set my RAM voltage to slightly over 2.1v when I installed the 8GBs and ran it at it's current 1066Mhz. All that did indeed totally stabalize my sytem . I never get BS's. HTH.

My NB runs a little hot, but I have great system air cooling so it's not a problem. You should check your NB temps when you set the NB voltage to 1.45-1.49v. 1.5v is where I was aiming, but it wasn't need for complete system stability. The utility ASUS Probe II gives a reading for NB temp. Not sure how accurate.