Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help out please

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 19, 2010 5:05:13 PM

Hello,
Why my anti virus (Guardian 2009)shows that wsock32.dll file may be a virus file on start up...
I m using XP-SP2

More about : question

May 19, 2010 5:21:58 PM

Akshar said:
Hello,
Why my anti virus (Guardian 2009)shows that wsock32.dll file may be a virus file on start up...
I m using XP-SP2


Sometimes the anti- virus can mis identify a file, but it could be a legitimate virus. Are you able to update the anti virus? Are you able to put the file in a quarantine? What it may be telling you is that there is a virus disguised as a system file. Does it let windows start? Please give all the details.
m
0
l
May 28, 2010 9:32:21 AM

soundguruman said:
Sometimes the anti- virus can mis identify a file, but it could be a legitimate virus. Are you able to update the anti virus? Are you able to put the file in a quarantine? What it may be telling you is that there is a virus disguised as a system file. Does it let windows start? Please give all the details.



Yes i m able to update my anti virus, and i m able to put files in quarantine. Yes it does let windows start...
m
0
l
Related resources
May 28, 2010 12:05:35 PM

Boot into safe mode with networking. Download, install, and update malwarebytes. Run a full system scan. If it's legitimate malware, it will confirm it, and you can remove it.
www.malwarebytes.org/
m
0
l
May 28, 2010 4:19:58 PM

Akshar said:
Hello,
Why my anti virus (Guardian 2009)shows that wsock32.dll file may be a virus file on start up...
I m using XP-SP2


Are you able to scan the entire system with Guardian 2009?
m
0
l
May 29, 2010 8:41:37 AM

soundguruman said:
Are you able to scan the entire system with Guardian 2009?



Yes. And my antivirus is working perfectly alright
m
0
l
May 29, 2010 3:35:33 PM

If it is working, then it should be able to update, scan and neutralize or quarantine the virus.
m
0
l
!