Help out please

Hello,
Why my anti virus (Guardian 2009)shows that wsock32.dll file may be a virus file on start up...
I m using XP-SP2
6 answers Last reply
More about help please
  1. Akshar said:
    Hello,
    Why my anti virus (Guardian 2009)shows that wsock32.dll file may be a virus file on start up...
    I m using XP-SP2

Sometimes the anti- virus can mis identify a file, but it could be a legitimate virus. Are you able to update the anti virus? Are you able to put the file in a quarantine? What it may be telling you is that there is a virus disguised as a system file. Does it let windows start? Please give all the details.
  2. soundguruman said:
    Sometimes the anti- virus can mis identify a file, but it could be a legitimate virus. Are you able to update the anti virus? Are you able to put the file in a quarantine? What it may be telling you is that there is a virus disguised as a system file. Does it let windows start? Please give all the details.

Yes i m able to update my anti virus, and i m able to put files in quarantine. Yes it does let windows start...
  3. Boot into safe mode with networking. Download, install, and update malwarebytes. Run a full system scan. If it's legitimate malware, it will confirm it, and you can remove it.
    www.malwarebytes.org/
  4. Akshar said:
    Hello,
    I m using XP-SP2

Are you able to scan the entire system with Guardian 2009?
  5. soundguruman said:
    Are you able to scan the entire system with Guardian 2009?

Yes. And my antivirus is working perfectly alright
  6. If it is working, then it should be able to update, scan and neutralize or quarantine the virus.
Ask a new question

Read More

Virus Antivirus Windows XP