Samsung or LG?

yabyab

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2007
I'm planning to buy a 22" monitor. I'm not sure which brand should I go for, LG Flatron or Samsung they are both 2ms refresh cant remember the rest of the specs but they are pretty much the same (same max resolution..etc).

The LG monitor is slightly less expensive.

Hadji

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
I'm having the same problem......which monitors were you looking at? I was looking more towards the 19" and 20". My choices are between:
1) 20" LG 207 wt
2) 19 " LG 197wh
3) 20" SS 206BW

There are 22" inch versions of # 1 and 2.

exarrkun

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006

a couple of months ago i had the same problem
i was also not sure if i would buy samsung or LG 22'
after some research, I found out that the screens were about the same in reviews and specs
Samsung however has tree different panels out in their 226BW series, and some are good an some are not (back light bleeding...)
so obviously I went for the LG flatron 22'
THE SCREEN IS F*CKING AWESOME :D

i never regretted my decision
IMO you should save yourself the hassle and buy LG

tomdrum

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I recently bought an LG194WT, but cant use it until christmas day lol. They look sweet from what iv heard, and ar epretty reliable. and mine was a bargain :D

thuan

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2005
The LG I bought for my father has severe back light bleeding problem in my book, but when I asked him is it ok then he said it's ok so I let it pass, he doesn't do image editing or anything need precise color anyway. It is a 17" 2ms whatever I can't remember now.

They're both reputable LCD panel makers. So I guess you have to look to choose wisely.

pathan7

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
i bought my LG widescreen 19" TV monitor and it is made in korea also it has amazing picture quality.really bright backlight and sharp picture quality.would no doubt recommend LG but samsung are also good make, i have many other elcetronics by samsung. so in the end it would be down to your own preference

Alright you, are definitely prejudiced.

If it makes you feel any happier, Samsung products are also made in China. Don't believe me? Do simple Google search then.

Here's a customer comment from Amazon.com about the Samsung 226BW:

Samsung 226BW 22-Inch - Customer Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung's China , December 2, 2007
By G. Marsh - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

Straight out of the Made in China box the monitor works like a champ. Nothing less than satisfied with the displays quality. Backlight, pixel, and text clarity combined with other past issues are at least nonexistent with this unit. Amazons' competitive price reduction and Samsungs' combined rebate was generous enough to not charge a fortune for it. I got what I payed for as the 226BW looks great and operates as expected. Not a bad deal, go for it when the unit's price drops.

If you also have a Samsung 226BW, then get your bat ready 'cause you might have to smash that thing into little tiny pieces 'cause it might have been manufactured in China.

tricky trees

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
The Samsung 22" 226bw is excellent! Just make sure you check the panel on the back to make sure it's an S panel not a C or A. If it has no marking then your ok it's Samsung made.
In my research before buying one i've come across no complains about this product and i have none, it's solid.

mcidfta200

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
I have an LG 47 LCD, when I was picking it out, Samsung models in the same price range couldn't touch it with a 10' pole. It's running 5ms, great picture, a lot of great features... It's sort of new here, but in Europe it competes with Sony and has been a top brand for a long time.

exarrkun

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
it's just a name Samsung gave to its screens, nothing more

but as I mentioned before, there are 3 different models.
some are as good as the LG flatron 22', but not all of them

nhobo

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Nah, just sad to see the US go down the tubes ... don't make anything here anymore except money for big corporations that outsource everything to Asia.

shrtyler81

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Gotta say I love my 40" samsung LCD HDTV for my PC, its still sitting @ 8ms response time vice the 2ms of those 22"'s but I wouldnt give mine up for anything. Samsung really delivers a quality product in my opinion