Sign in with
Your question

motherboards

Last response: in Motherboards
January 14, 2008 4:06:16 PM

Hi. I've tried to update my BIOS to F14. A checksum error appear me when i upgrade it. I restarted my PC and then set up defaults optimized setting on my BIOS options.So, system dont start! When IDE ports check is passed (pass test is ok, and mem test is ok too), screen is black and cursor is on the top-left side. Nothing happens! I only have connected, graphic card, one memory slot, and AMD micro 3200+. System not start. Bios Table resume not appear. I think is the next screen may appear when IDE detection finish...
Please help me!

More about : motherboards

January 14, 2008 5:01:12 PM

First of all what was the reason why you updated the BIOS? Were you having hardware compatibilty problems or PC don't boot to Windows? If you weren't having any trouble with your computer, needlessly updating the BIOS only makes peoples lives a living hell. I have had two computers now and with both of them I have never updated the BIOS, they seem to work excellent out of the box.

Heres what many motherboards makers say, "Please note, BIOS update is only recommended when experiencing technical difficulties with your system, And is not recommended to be performed regularly.

Moreover, due to the nature of BIOS update, there is certain level of dangers involved. BIOS update must be performed with extreme caution . During BIOS update process, your system must be maintained without interference or power loss to prevent unexpected damage.

In case of BIOS update failure, please follow instructions in your User's Manual for guidelines on BIOS recovery via CrashFree BIOS. In the event that BIOS recovery is not recoverable via CrashFree BIOS, please contact your place of purchase for further assistance on BIOS recovery.

January 14, 2008 5:04:01 PM

ALZUAAK12 IS THAT THING GOT A HEMI IN IT?

YOU MAY WANT TO GIVE WHAT SPEC'S YOU HAVE MEANING WHAT TYPE MOTHER BD,VIDEO CARD, RAM,HOW MUCH RAM YOU'VE GOT ,PS

WE ALREADY KNOW YOU HAVE A AMD 3200.

SAME PROBLEM ON A ASUS P5NSLI BOARD,BUT IT WAS BAD CPU AND MOTHERBOARD,i HAD CAUSED STATIC CHARGE AND IT FRIED MOTHER BD AND CPU.

POST SPEC'S AND THEY WILL HELP? :bounce: 

OBTW WHY DID YOU CHANGE BIOS?
Related resources
January 14, 2008 6:32:20 PM

Are you trying to update from inside windows or from boot disk? Also, I really recomend using the same floppy drive for both writing the bios (boot disk) and reading it. Sometimes those floppies don't seem to look the same to all floppy drives.
January 14, 2008 8:17:27 PM

sorry a lot, i've posted with poor information. Tks about your replies. First of all, i want to update my MB because my system was unstable (a lot of resets...)
My MB is a Gigabyte k8n-pro. I've tried to update on a Windows Gigabyte specific bios update application. When i make this, checksum error appear me and then system be freeze...i restarted computer and when mem test passed this error shows me: "checksum error: loading defaults" i've press F1 and then screen black and the cursos on the top left side all the time...
i've made clear cmos (battery) and nothing...
i've only connected 512MB ram. video card is a pny 7300gt 512mb ram.
January 15, 2008 8:39:33 AM

alzuaak12 said:
sorry a lot, i've posted with poor information. Tks about your replies. First of all, i want to update my MB because my system was unstable (a lot of resets...)
My MB is a Gigabyte k8n-pro. I've tried to update on a Windows Gigabyte specific bios update application. When i make this, checksum error appear me and then system be freeze...i restarted computer and when mem test passed this error shows me: "checksum error: loading defaults" i've press F1 and then screen black and the cursos on the top left side all the time...
i've made clear cmos (battery) and nothing...
i've only connected 512MB ram. video card is a pny 7300gt 512mb ram.

Did you just get this mobo or have your had it for sometime? If it is a new mobo I'd say that this sounds like the RAM voltage or timings are incorrect.
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 15, 2008 9:49:25 AM

If you reboot and get to the post screen, try entering the bios and changing the boot order. You may also have to change the hardrive settings again since you reset the bios. Set the sata to ide and disable raid. I use the "del" key on the lower right side of the keyboard. This may sometimes get you into the bios when the "f1" key won't. pressing "Ctrl-F1" together will get you an extra section for memory timings on older gigabyte boards. I use a floppy for bios updates, and whenever there's a problem, I change diskettes and check the syntax of the bios program for errors. If you have a floppy, use a bootdisk and check your bios flash program again. A wrong punctuation mark or spacing error will prevent the program from loading and flashing.
January 17, 2008 7:10:47 AM

thanks. I solved the problem. I disabled lan, ide ports, etc... on the Bios (some of this issues cause the corruption) and then this black screen was passed...Boot secuence turn active and i use a floppy to insert a new Bios version.
January 19, 2008 7:20:35 PM

alzuaak12 glad to see you got it worked out.
!