kaboooom2000uk

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
Hey just thought id share my Ramdisk experimentation with you all. I used 1GB of my ram as a harddisk using a tool downloadable from a company called Qsoft. I only used the demo version 32bit, but it has potential if you have a mobo with over 8GB ram, I have a ASUS DSBF-DE which can hold upto 32GB of fully buffered ECC ram, however it is not finished and is waiting for some quad cores and the rest of the parts.

Ultimatly id like to make a 10GB ramdisk and try a demanding game on it, to see if there is any increace in perfomance... i guess there will be juding by my benchmarks ive done on the 1GB ddr 2 drive I made.

my.php

It has a ludicrus buffered read bandwith of aprox 3.2GB/sec! thats just insanity! eat ur heart out SCSI320, or SATA, even in raid 0, you would struggle to make 160MB/sec!

More as it develops..........

thanks for ur time.

kaboooom2000uk

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
I sucsessfully ran deus ex on the 1gb disk i created, and it runs amazingly, the only advantage this offers is amazingly short load times.

I will be attempting to make a larger one soon with my other pc, to create a place for my page file.