Sign in with
Your question

Realtek HD Audio problem

Last response: in Motherboards
January 14, 2008 7:26:16 PM

Greetings everybody

I recently installed my GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H, everything works fine except the Realtek HD Audio. I'm not sure if this is caused by my Sound Blaster Audigy SE, which I use as my primary sound device. I only want to use the Realtek Audio with my headphones. Thanks for the help.

mr. bigglesworth

More about : realtek audio problem

January 14, 2008 8:00:45 PM

a little more info as to what kind of problem.. ie, drivers not loading, drivers loaded but no sound, stuff like that.

also if you have front panel connections hooked up,
January 14, 2008 8:16:04 PM

Sorry that I forgot to mention that the Realtek HD Sound does not work at all. Everything is enabled, and everything is hooked up to the front panel. When I switch from my Audigy soundcard to the Realtek HD Audio output on the little volume icon on the task tray and plug in my headphones, I still can't hear anything. I wonder what the problem is...
Related resources
January 14, 2008 9:20:04 PM

Try the drivers from the RealTech website. That being said, generally better not two run audio cards, could take the Creative out and see if the Realtech works
January 14, 2008 9:32:26 PM

I used two sound devices without any trouble at all before I installed my GA-MA69GM-S2H. My old mobo was the ASUS A8AE-LE and I frequently switched between my Audigy and Realtek AC'97; it worked great. I just don't know what the problem is now :( 
January 14, 2008 10:19:47 PM

I think IRQ is your problem . If it is 22 , 24 , particulary high , Realtek Sound device isn't work . Try to change IRQ [5 or 7 or 9] for sound driver, or try to install a new Windows XP [install with "format c:/" NTFAT] , and when your windows is new one , install first your driver sound. I have me too similar problem in the past , and I solve it so. I glade if your probleme was solved through this.
January 14, 2008 10:30:58 PM

How do I change my IRQ settings? I am new to pc's in general and need a little guidance.
!