Sign in with
Your question

[help] : what is LEGACY_nswojot in my register ?

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 20, 2010 2:15:42 AM

Hello,
i'm use Norman Malware Cleaner to scan my computer and i find message "Removed services: nswojot"
and then i'm open my register with REGEDIT command and search it.

what is LEGACY_nswojot on my win xp register ? is that a virus ?

what i must to do ?

regards,
yhoenx
a b 8 Security
May 20, 2010 3:08:57 AM

Boot into safe mode with networking. Download, install, and update malwarebytes. Do a full system scan.
www.malwarebytes.org/
Legacy settings are usually for older hardware. But I'm not familiar with that particular one. If malwarebytes picks it up, then you should remove it, if not, you should remove Norman. Either way, malwarebytes is the better scanner.
m
l
a b 8 Security
May 21, 2010 11:09:55 AM

Quote:
Hello,
i'm use Norman Malware Cleaner to scan my computer and i find message "Removed services: nswojot"
and then i'm open my register with REGEDIT command and search it.

what is LEGACY_nswojot on my win xp register ? is that a virus ?

what i must to do ?

regards,
yhoenx

Random letters such as those frequently indicate malware so let Norman deal with it. You could remove it manually but you'd need to take Permissions over it in the Registry before you can remove a Legacy entry. Did you hit Function 3 to find other instances of the same name? Do that just in case it belongs to a valid utility.

m
l
Related resources
a b 8 Security
May 21, 2010 11:12:23 AM

Sorry, Aford old chap - didn't see your reply in there - the main page showed this as a one post thread unless I'm getting even more mad and inefficient. :D 

m
l
a b 8 Security
May 21, 2010 11:56:26 AM

No problems Saga. Your input is always welcome.
m
l
!