Sign in with
Your question

2 wire modem router 1000hw

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 20, 2009 10:05:11 PM

Why does windows xp ask for my wep or wpa key and because of that I am unable to connect. I set my 2 wire up at their website and know it is done right. Thanks Doug
Anonymous
March 20, 2009 10:12:05 PM

By default, WEP is enabled on most 2Wire model/routers. The WEP key is the 10 digit number in square brackets on the unit.

Grumpy
March 20, 2009 10:46:36 PM

Grumpy,
Thanks for the reply--I already put that information in at the 2 wire site!! The incription key is within brackets on the bottom of the router right?
Related resources
March 20, 2009 10:55:38 PM

Grumpy,
You were right I just for the heck of it usede the wep on the modem and bingo---it worked. Thanks a lot. doug salgoud
March 21, 2009 2:15:54 PM

Quote:
By default, WEP is enabled on most 2Wire model/routers. The WEP key is the 10 digit number in square brackets on the unit.

Grumpy

Ive never used this ap before. So they actually have a static wep key for the box? Thanks for sharing
March 21, 2009 9:05:00 PM

gstefanick,
I'm using a laptop IBM T42 with Win xp pro . I had no problem with using a usb adapter (had its own install disk) but I replaced the internal wireless adapter card because it was less power consuming. The 2 wire router I have has a website 172.16.0.1 for setup where you set it up there and I assumed thats all I needed---not cause windows kept asking for the wep key. Also I knew that the wireless card was ok because I was able to us on non secured wireless at diffrent locations.
salgoud
!