Solved

Preventing minimization on Nvidia Dualview

Hey all, I'm running on Windows XP Service Pack 3 with a geforce 8400 GS, and i was wondering if there was a way to set it to where if i have a game running in one display, and click something on the other one, to where it wont minimize the fullscreen game/application. any help would be very much appreciated, thanks. :)
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about preventing minimization nvidia dualview
  1. Best answer
    doomsday440 said:
    Hey all, I'm running on Windows XP Service Pack 3 with a geforce 8400 GS, and i was wondering if there was a way to set it to where if i have a game running in one display, and click something on the other one, to where it wont minimize the fullscreen game/application. any help would be very much appreciated, thanks. :)

It happens when the processor runs out of cache memory. If the game is running less than full screen, say 1/2 screen size, or 3/4 screen size, it may not minimize. If there is a quad core processor with much more cache then it probably would not minimize. It just depends on how much process the system can run without the processor going 100%. As soon as it hits 100% it dumps the video. It happens on single screen setups too. There's little that can be done without upgrading the motherboard and processor.
  2. soundguruman said:
    It happens when the processor runs out of cache memory. If the game is running less than full screen, say 1/2 screen size, or 3/4 screen size, it may not minimize. If there is a quad core processor with much more cache then it probably would not minimize. It just depends on how much process the system can run without the processor going 100%. As soon as it hits 100% it dumps the video. It happens on single screen setups too. There's little that can be done without upgrading the motherboard and processor.

okay thanks man
  3. Best answer selected by doomsday440.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Nvidia Games Windows XP