safe mode

how to boot into safe mode in XP with sp2_______F8 does not work
With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia
3 answers Last reply
More about safe mode

    Assuming that your computer boots normally, you can do Start>Run and type
    msconfig. The configuration tool will appear. On the first tab check the
    box for Safe Boot, click Apply, click OK, then reboot. Remember that you
    have to uncheck the same box while you are in safemode in order to return to
    normal startups.

    "" wrote:
    > how to boot into safe mode in XP with sp2_______F8 does not
    > work
    > With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

    You sure F8 dosnt work? Well, you should check by constaly pressing
    (dont hold) F8 from the instant you turn the computer on, if that
    dosnt work you should try going into the BIOS (Most of the time press
    del when you initaly turn the computer on, some times it’s F2). If
    that works then at least the keyborad works, if it dosnt work, I would
    guess that your keyborad is a USB keyborad not suported by your BIOS.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-safe-mode-ftopict399054.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1317766

    How to start Windows XP in Safe mode
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001060608000039