Sign in with
Your question

No sound HP pavillion XP

Last response: in Windows XP
May 21, 2010 4:22:29 AM

Since last two days I don't get any sound from my HP pavilion notebook. It has win XP. Tried all the troubleshooting stuff, everything is proper and enabled. Not sure what's cause. Read on the internet that it may be due to corrupt registry. Did anyone face this, if yes how did you solve. Please let me know. Many thanks in advance..........

-Umesh

More about : sound pavillion

May 21, 2010 10:58:55 AM

shaluchajara said:
Since last two days I don't get any sound from my HP pavilion notebook. It has win XP. Tried all the troubleshooting stuff, everything is proper and enabled. Not sure what's cause. Read on the internet that it may be due to corrupt registry. Did anyone face this, if yes how did you solve. Please let me know. Many thanks in advance..........

-Umesh

Yes I have faced this and I then found I'd accidentally muted the volume but I'm sure you've checked that already. In XP's Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices, have you checked the speaker configuration under the Volume tab then Speaker Volume and Advanced?

May 21, 2010 5:46:30 PM

Go to the HP website and download the audio drivers for your model computer
look up these drivers by your model or serial number
install the drivers and restart the computer
If the drivers do not install, turn off your antivirus and firewall before installing, turn them back on after installing.
Only download drivers from the manufacturer website. Do not use substitute drivers offered by others.
This problem is suspected to be caused by windows automatic updates, and has been noticed on several other computers. The update causes the audio drivers to delete.
!