CPU going from 38-40....and mobo never goes under 40...

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I was just wondering what is a healthy temperature for my cpu and mobo. I am now using a m2n-SLI deluxe, before I was using an m2n-E SLI and the my CPU would run at 32 -38(C) now it even goes to high 40 close to 50. My mobo use to be at a stable 35-40 (C) now its always at 40 and can go up to 45...which is a critical level and the computer alarm goes off (Asus Probe II)

Any Ideas? I have the latest bios, and I'm out of ideas. I tried reconfiguring my case around and still nothing.

heres my fan config (btw i'm using a antec p900)

-Side fan(left) air IN
-Front fan (1 only) air IN
-Rear fan (1 only) air OUT
-Top fan (200 mm) air OUT
-CPU Turbine fan (Coolmaster) Air flow leades up (air is shot up through the turbine and out the 200mm fan) I thought this way it would also suck some of the hot air from the video cards and shoot it out.

I also tried positioning it so that it sucks air and shoots it out the rear but it made no difference.

I would appreciate the help. :p
Thanks!

P.S
I did return the CPU to defaults and sitll no difference:S

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
there are some very hot chipsets, the nvidia ones are amazingly hot, so dont worry about it
bad if it went above 50°C
if you want to make it colder, put a better heatsink-fan on the northbridge and southbridge

You have to get alllllot hotter to have performance issues :)

They are made to take a beating....or should i say heating....

AMD chips do not clock down....and a chipset has to get real hot to start to mess up, i've seen it.....and it was hot....well over 60

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Hey dude, don't worry too much. On my old Athlon XP 2800+, temps ran between 55-60 ALL the time. Never a big problem with overheating unless the heatsink got clogged after many months of no cleaning. Then clean it and all was well. Don't worry about it.

Ahhh good old XP's(i still run one to this day...but its do to get replaced....). Those are in fact the reason for chipset overheating back in the day. Since the heat sinks sent air in 2 directions only, half of it went right over the chipset and caused it to get VERRRRRY hot.....

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I use to have an xp as well.

History Timeline

1st computer- I don't even know it only ran dos
2nd computer- Dell Pentium 2 233MHZ (I can't remember Video Card)
3rd computer- The same Dell replaced with a Pentium 3 733 MHZ (Voodoo 3 Gfx)
4th Computer- Sony Media Computer 1.8GHZ Nvidia Geforce 2 MX 400 (not so sure about the 400 part:p)
5th Computer- Duron 1.4 MhZ (took it back don't worry) Cardboard Box Case:D Integrated Video Card
6th Computer - Ahtlon XP 3000+ with a ATI 9800XT
7th Computer - Sony 3.4 GHZ Intel Pentium D with a Ati x600XT
8th Computer would be This 1.

I have the 7th and 8th computer now the rest are gone:(
I can't even remember what I did with the XP ...I think I sold it.

I also went through a bunch of other Video Cards.

Radeon 9500 Pro ---> 9700 Pro softmod
Radeon X800 XL
Radeon X800 XT
Radeon X1900 AIW + XTX
Radeon X1950 Pro
Nvidia 8800 GTS