Sign in with
Your question

storage opinions and questions

Last response: in Storage
November 3, 2008 1:44:59 PM

hello,

i just build my new computer maybe 2 months ago and i changed everything except my hhd i have an old 75gig hitashi harddrive which ihave my os on windows vista and anotther 150 gig hard drive where i have my games on. i was just curious is this the correct way of doing it or should i have my games and os in 1 hard drive.

also i was thinking of switching hard drives would it be better to buy 1 velo-raptor or 2 hard drives and set them up for a raid0.

last question for the partion experts is there a a correct manner in partiionning or it doesnt do much for performance mainly

thanks alot
November 4, 2008 2:47:40 PM

your VR or RAID0 question has been asked a few times - quick look throught the posts you'll find lots of comments - basicaly RAID0 shines when using larger file alot - games and OS go for VR.

normal setup is fast drive for games and OS other driuves are file storage.

partitions 10-20GB OS xxGB Games and apps
im unsure of what real performance gain you will get from this.

V
November 6, 2008 1:04:34 PM

thanks for your help so because the computer is only for gaming then the vr is the way to go.

thanks again
November 11, 2008 12:43:09 PM

can anyone suggest a good wd harddrive to consider for a raid0 please i been reading about the black series is that the best any link would be appreciated

thanks
!