Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
hi all,

This is my PC configuration:

CM 690 II Advanced
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Cable Management 750W
GIGABYTE - 890GPA-UD3H - AMD 890GX
AMD - Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz AM3 8MB (125W) Black Edition
Kingston - KHX1333C7D3K2/4GX - DDR3/1333MHz 4GB Non-ECC CL7 DIMM (Kit of 2) XMP - HyperX
GIGABYTE - R587D5-1GD-B - ATI Radeon HD 5870
SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (931 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
SAMSUNG HD642JJ ATA Device (640 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
LG GH20NS15 Super Multi - DVD±RW
TV Tuner Analog/Digital ASUS

I have the following failure/problem:

On HD103SJ I have installed Windows 7.
On HD642JJ I have installed Windows XP SP3.

I can select based on needs the operating system.

On Windows XP the USB mouse is not working.It was working before I was trying to activate the hdd dock feature

on CM 690 II advance(during which I was activating AHCI in Bios,now is deactivated like it was before).On

Windows 7 I have no problem.I cannot figure it out what might be the problem in win xp sp3.

The second problem is when restart the PC,sometimes I cannot see any loading screens , not even windows logo loading screen(windows 7),but sudden the system is loading desktop and everything is fine.

If someone can help me on the problems above will be very helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Find the online product driver page for the mouse. Install the XP driver on the XP system. Do likewise for the Windows 7 installation using a Windows 7 driver if available. If the mouse worked before, you might check Device manager and see that the mouse is installed with a workng driver. Also in Control Panel the mouse should have adjustments available. If the mouse is not present, a driver problem may have occured.

InfinitYn

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Thanks for your reply.
I did that but still not working.
What I did was to plug the mouse in a different USB port.Result was that the add new hardware icon appeared and the mouse was working for 10 seconds and then the same situation!!!
Before it worked with no problems. :(

In BIOS is Hi Speed or USB 2.0 enabled? Has a different mouse been tried? What mouse are we talking about? Have the MB chipset drivers been installed on the XP installation. Will a PS/2 mouse work?

Edit do other USB devices work when plugged. Check the Device manager to see the USB device is working properly, not yellow (!) in Device manager.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817900