Sign in with
Your question

My Computer restart again and again

Last response: in Windows XP
May 21, 2010 10:11:26 AM

Hello,
When I open my computer, everything gone smoothly but when I plug-in my broadband device, the computer hang and I choose to restart it...However, aft the system read the memory of the computer.., a black screen appear and say there is a hardware or software that cause some problems on the computer(blah blah blah), and choose to restart in Safe mode, Safe mode with Networking Support,... I choose start Window normally. The Window XP logo appear on the screen but it got stuck and appear a blue screen. In 1 second or less, my computer restart again. What should I do and can prevent the documents on the 'desktop' from being delete?

More about : computer restart

May 21, 2010 10:32:41 AM

shuuri said:
Hello,
When I open my computer, everything gone smoothly but when I plug-in my broadband device, the computer hang and I choose to restart it...However, aft the system read the memory of the computer.., a black screen appear and say there is a hardware or software that cause some problems on the computer(blah blah blah), and choose to restart in Safe mode, Safe mode with Networking Support,... I choose start Window normally. The Window XP logo appear on the screen but it got stuck and appear a blue screen. In 1 second or less, my computer restart again. What should I do and can prevent the documents on the 'desktop' from being delete?

You need to tap the Function 8 key when you restart so that you see the Advanced Boot menu which starts off with Safe Mode but has added entries, including "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Select that one and the blue screen won't flash by - it will let you read the Stop Error message. Post back the details of the numeric code that looks something like 0x0000?? and ANY_WORDS_JOINED_UP buy underscores so someone can help you more.

It's also helpful if you could let us have some more details on that Broadband device like how you installed it and whether it ever worked properly.

m
l
May 31, 2010 4:32:27 AM

Thanks 4 the reply. I tried it before by pressing F8, but unfortunately nothing happens...I even press on safe mode on the appeared black screen and it still the same...

About the broadband, I applied it from Maxis, one of Malaysia communication service provider. It is made from China, the company name is ZTF but the 'SIM card' given is originated from Maxis. When I plug-in the device, I just click on the icon of the device that appear on 'my computer' and the installation just start as usual..After that, I can use the device to surf the net...I had using the device almost a month and nothing happen. I also had installed it on other computer too and didn't facing such problem...even now i am still using it. Thus, i had assumed that it is not the device problem. So, how you think about it?
m
l
Related resources
!