Closed Solved

MS-Office License Key Location in Registry

I've got a friend who's laptop's HDD is failing, to the point where it cannot load Windows, even in Safe Mode (it repeatedly blue screens after the Windows Home Premium logo comes up). I was able to copy most of her data to my PC by putting her HDD in a disk cradle/caddy (took 8 hours for 150 GB!).

I have her Dell Re-installation DVD to cover re-installing Windows 7 on the new HDD which will be here tomorrow, but since I can't boot the laptop I have no way to install Produkey or Keyfinder or any other program which will tell me the license key she was using for MS-Office.

Does anyone know where to look in the registry for the location of the Office license key? Does anyone know how to load a Windows registry from an external HDD (assuming I can still read her registry)?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about office license location registry
  1. Sorry for the duplicates, my browser kept telling me there was an error with the site. Moderator, please delete the duplicates. Thanks.
  2. Well, a little research has shown me that the keys are encrypted, so without a keyfinder program it's pretty much impossible to find it. Looks like we are out of luck.
  3. Best answer
    WOW! Produkey allows you to specify an external source for a Windows registry, and it works!! This is a fantastic program!

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Office Hard Drives License Registry Apps