Sign in with
Your question

Question about EVGA's Step Up program. Please help.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 26, 2007 1:28:50 AM

Can you step up 3 months after you buy the video card, or 3 months after you register it?

My relatives about me a 8800GT on black friday, but I am wondering if i am eligible to step up when rumors say the 9 series is coming(february).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
December 26, 2007 1:43:29 AM

All it takes is looking on the evga site:

Q: How does the Step-Up™ Program work?
A: Anytime within the first 90 days after your original date of purchase you can step up your video card to a new card graphics card from our website at http://evga.com/products/ of greater value.

http://www.evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=3

How hard is it to look on the manufacturer web site? It took me less than five minutes to find this info.
December 26, 2007 1:46:41 AM

how do they know what your date of purchase was?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2007 1:49:55 AM

Need copy of your invoice/receipt. make sure you register within 30 days or you throw away the lifetime evga warranty.
December 26, 2007 1:51:16 AM

pauldh said:
Need copy of your invoice/receipt. make sure you register within 30 days or you throw away the lifetime evga warranty.

So my relatives bought the card on Black Friday and I register it today(the day i recieved it), it is not eligible for lifetime warranty?
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2007 1:56:27 AM

Unless they have some exception at Christmas, then you lost the lifetime warranty. I registered one of my cards about 38 days after purchase and my warranty was reduced to 1 year. Being Christmas, a gift, and seeing you registered the day you got it, I would try to call and get them to honor the lifetime warranty.
December 26, 2007 2:10:15 AM

But it looks like you can still do the step up program, sounds like the way to go if you want the lifetime warranty.
December 26, 2007 2:15:46 AM

You have to register the card within 30 days of sale. They know by the invoice or the receipt, which you have to present proof of to get warranty service. That registration policy applies the same as the step-up program.

You still have a very fast card so don't worry about it too much.
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2007 2:15:54 AM

Step up would be an option, but I thought you get the remainder of your original warranty just which would be 1 year for him. Hopefully I am wrong on that or evga will cut him a break as 32 days after purchase and it being a gift would peeve me off to lose the warranty.
!