Free window xp home edition product key

junior916xiv

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Hello,
well i need some advise on my nephews hp pc that had windows xp home edition on it. it was running hella slow and he didnt have a recover cd for his old hp pc he has. so i had a copy of windows xp home edition (service pack 2) so i erased the whole hard drive and reinstalled my copy of windows xp home edition and after that i needed to activate the product key! so i tried to put the product key i have but microsoft tells me its wrong and to retry it again! so i downloaded a product key finder V1.0 and it came up with a different product key, so i tried to use the product key what the key finder found and still micro soft says its not right and to retry again!! so now im so confuse and dont know what to do any more!! the window xp exspires in 26 days if i dont activated! so can any one help me on this matter? or is there a way to fix it or hach it or any other way to make it work to activate it with microsoft activation?? some one please help me!! im not technical with computers but ill try any thing!! to whom it may concern thank you for helping me!! God bless all of you to!!

junior916xiv

Distinguished
May 21, 2010

that oem key didnt work either, i did it over the phone. i use the 2 product keys i have and i also used the product key on the outside of the tower. and it still didnt work. so what do i do know???
well thanks for helping!!

What do you mean it didn't work? You keep saying "microsoft said it was wrong" or it didn't work. Describe EXACTLY what is happening.

devt333

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Are you sure you're typing it in right? I had literally a "situation" with a coworker, when he couldn't type the key in correctly, and was sure that something is wrong. Ask someone else to type it in, - this usually works.

Are you sure they didn't say it was wrong because it is already in use?

You need to use a Windows XP Home OEM CD with the HP Windows XP Home OEM Product Key.

I don't think this is the problem. He said that there are 26 days left. Meaning the key was accepted during install. This would not have happened if the keys were mismatched. However, he may have used a retail edition with his retail key and then tried to change to an OEM.