Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Free window xp home edition product key

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 21, 2010 11:33:29 PM

Hello,
well i need some advise on my nephews hp pc that had windows xp home edition on it. it was running hella slow and he didnt have a recover cd for his old hp pc he has. so i had a copy of windows xp home edition (service pack 2) so i erased the whole hard drive and reinstalled my copy of windows xp home edition and after that i needed to activate the product key! so i tried to put the product key i have but microsoft tells me its wrong and to retry it again! so i downloaded a product key finder V1.0 and it came up with a different product key, so i tried to use the product key what the key finder found and still micro soft says its not right and to retry again!! so now im so confuse and dont know what to do any more!! the window xp exspires in 26 days if i dont activated! so can any one help me on this matter? or is there a way to fix it or hach it or any other way to make it work to activate it with microsoft activation?? some one please help me!! im not technical with computers but ill try any thing!! to whom it may concern thank you for helping me!! God bless all of you to!!
May 22, 2010 2:35:06 AM

try activating it over the phone instead of the internet
m
0
l
May 22, 2010 5:18:45 AM

If this is a big OEM built machine like Dell or HP, the the key should be on the case. But you have to use phone activation for that key.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 1, 2010 1:09:00 AM

soundguruman said:
try activating it over the phone instead of the internet



that didnt work over the phone, so what do i do now??? well thanks for helping!!
m
0
l
June 1, 2010 1:11:37 AM

FALC0N said:
If this is a big OEM built machine like Dell or HP, the the key should be on the case. But you have to use phone activation for that key.




that oem key didnt work either, i did it over the phone. i use the 2 product keys i have and i also used the product key on the outside of the tower. and it still didnt work. so what do i do know???
well thanks for helping!!
m
0
l
June 1, 2010 1:27:45 AM

junior916xiv said:
that oem key didnt work either, i did it over the phone. i use the 2 product keys i have and i also used the product key on the outside of the tower. and it still didnt work. so what do i do know???
well thanks for helping!!


What do you mean it didn't work? You keep saying "microsoft said it was wrong" or it didn't work. Describe EXACTLY what is happening.
m
0
l
June 1, 2010 1:50:28 AM

Are you sure you're typing it in right? I had literally a "situation" with a coworker, when he couldn't type the key in correctly, and was sure that something is wrong. Ask someone else to type it in, - this usually works.
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 1, 2010 11:25:56 AM

You need to use a Windows XP Home OEM CD with the HP Windows XP Home OEM Product Key.
m
0
l
June 1, 2010 6:46:47 PM

junior916xiv said:

so i had a copy of windows xp home edition (service pack 2) so i erased the whole hard drive and reinstalled my copy of windows xp home edition

micro soft says its not right and to retry again!!



Are you sure they didn't say it was wrong because it is already in use?



m
0
l
June 2, 2010 12:34:13 AM

Quote:
You need to use a Windows XP Home OEM CD with the HP Windows XP Home OEM Product Key.


I don't think this is the problem. He said that there are 26 days left. Meaning the key was accepted during install. This would not have happened if the keys were mismatched. However, he may have used a retail edition with his retail key and then tried to change to an OEM.

m
0
l
!