Solved

Start up

How do I set up my computer to open either Internet Explorer or Outlook Express automatically when the computer is turned on?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about start
  1. DAVID XP said:
    How do I set up my computer to open either Internet Explorer or Outlook Express automatically when the computer is turned on?


    click my computer
    click control panel
    click scheduled tasks
    click add scheduled task
    click next
    find internet explorer on the list, click it to highlight it
    click next
    click the box that says when my computer starts
    click next
    enter the user name, enter the password, confirm the password
    (if you do not enter name and password, the task will not run)
    (if your computer starts without a name and password, you are out of luck)
    click finish
    restart the computer to test

    repeat if you want to task outlook also
    to delete a task, point at the task, right click, left click on delete
    :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:
  2. Best answer
    Hi David

    Just drag and drop (Internet explorer or Outlook express shortcut icon) to the following menu :

    Start-programs-startup

    And it's done.

    Good Luck
  3. soundguruman said:
    click my computer
    click control panel
    click scheduled tasks
    click add scheduled task
    click next
    find internet explorer on the list, click it to highlight it
    click next
    click the box that says when my computer starts
    click next
    enter the user name, enter the password, confirm the password
    (if you do not enter name and password, the task will not run)
    (if your computer starts without a name and password, you are out of luck)
    click finish
    restart the computer to test

    repeat if you want to task outlook also
    to delete a task, point at the task, right click, left click on delete
    :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:


    Tks soundguruman - unfortunately (as you noted) it would not work on my computer because it starts without a name and password. It did work when I did the drag and drop into the startup program - David.
  4. georgejabr said:
    Hi David

    Just drag and drop (Internet explorer or Outlook express shortcut icon) to the following menu :

    Start-programs-startup

    And it's done.

    Good Luck



    Tks georgjabr - it worked great - David.
  5. Best answer selected by DAVID XP.
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Explorer Outlook Express Computers Windows XP