Sign in with
Your question

ExcelStor Jupiter Callisto J880 (80GB)

Last response: in Storage
November 6, 2008 12:17:33 PM

Hello,

I can't access my HDD ExcelStor Jupiter Callisto J880 (80GB) after Wiping can't install OS.BIOS detects HDD but after POST there written "Primary Master Hard Disk Drive Error". I tried unlock HDD with HDAT2 4.5.3 program but It requests Master password (none set before).
On black screen is:"SECURITY STATUS: Enabled/Locked/Maximum.
MASTER PASSWORD REVISION CODE = FFFEh: MASTER PASSWORD IS NOT CHANGED"
Can you give me default factory password, or other solution how I can repair my drive.

Yours sincerely,
Nedas Pekorius
November 7, 2008 10:28:37 AM

Pleas Help me because ExcelStor Technical support not answered to me, and Liv chat don't work :/ 
November 26, 2008 4:52:45 PM

Distortion Angel said:
Pleas Help me because ExcelStor Technical support not answered to me, and Liv chat don't work :/ 

I have the same drive. Bought two of them. One failed within 3 months. The other within 6 months. I am getting the picture that these are not the best quality drives out there. My suspicion is that your drive may be beyond hope. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. On the upside, ExcelStor did replace the first failed drive. I will be checking to see if they will also replace the second.

Regards,

Nebutron
November 28, 2008 10:31:21 AM

Ohh mine fail (as I think) after 3years (in Christmas will be 3years). I expected that so I don't mind. I already have new WD 500GB SATA :) 
!