Display/TV resolution reset at startup

I have recently moved from using a monitor with my desktop to connecting it to the TV. I am using an ATI X1800XT graphics card and a Panasonic 42" 720p plasma TV. It appears that the display resolution is reset to 640x480 everytime I startup. I go into screen properties and change it to 1280x720 everytime, and also do this in the Catalyst control center, but it resets once I boot up regardless.

This is getting very annoying and I hope someone here can tell me how to override it. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about display resolution reset startup
  1. I'm surprised there are no responses. I'd have imagined this to be a common problem. My assumption is that I need to set something in the display detection options to get this right. Maybe I should check in the ATI forums?
  2. hey there, i got almost same problem, i got PC i7 etc.. ATI radeon 4870, and i recently brought a LG tv 32' 1080p im connected via DVI with a VGA adapter to VGA in the Tv, the problem is my screen not fit in the 1080, i got like one inch off the screen right side, but when y play battlefield 3 sometimes the game put the right resolution and stay that way even in windows, until i reset computer : /
  3. abyssalloris said:
    I have recently moved from using a monitor with my desktop to connecting it to the TV. I am using an ATI X1800XT graphics card and a Panasonic 42" 720p plasma TV. It appears that the display resolution is reset to 640x480 everytime I startup. I go into screen properties and change it to 1280x720 everytime, and also do this in the Catalyst control center, but it resets once I boot up regardless.

This is getting very annoying and I hope someone here can tell me how to override it. Thanks.

one check with intel video driver than go for graphic driver.problem will repeat again ...check out hardware capacity of plasma..
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Resolution Graphics Displays