Sign in with
Your question

ERROR Iirect 3d device present CANT PLAY Half life 2! Please Help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 26, 2007 7:13:34 PM

Ok so i got half life 2 episode 1 and installed it from the disc and everything. I open the game up and try to start a new game on part 1. As it is at the en of the loading screen the bars start going backwards, :ouch:  , then it closed the game and i got this

SO WTF? What is this? I tried everything from reinstalling the game, the drivers, going into the computers console. Screaming at it didnt help either (it usually does :D  )

can anyone help?
December 27, 2007 2:19:41 AM

Weird.... Have you tried reinstalling DirectX or even using whats on the disk? When I installed HoMMV I had to install the DirectX 9 drivers on the disk for it to work and I am using Vista. Try that and see if it works.
December 27, 2007 8:16:52 PM

i tried reinstalling the drivers and the game... i have an ati x300 on Windows Media center edition... i dont know how to install the direct x9 drivers... i already have them so idk why it would do that. I have also installed the latest drivers from ati.

I believe this problem has something to do with the video card drivers or registry issues... but im not sure yet =[
Related resources
December 27, 2007 9:05:42 PM

you're trying to run a x300 NOT gaming card, for higher end 3d games. Get a real video card.
December 29, 2007 7:00:07 PM

yes i know that... it came with the comp 3 years ago when i didnt know anything about computers... BUT it shouldnt matter since i get 50 FPS on HL2 with res. 1280 x 1024 all settings high no antistopic filtering, no HDR, and 2x antialiasing... i think im fine on that part. And its Dx9.... so wtf?

I had the same problem on HL2 before but i fixed it easily... this one wont go away! I just want to find out what happens next in the series, i heard HL2 Ep. 2 has a kikass plot! =]
!