Raid Access Failure on Striker Extreme

midknightr

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
I thought I'd come to the knowledgable since nvidia is of little help. I get this Raid Access Failure ever so often, but when I click on the bubble and it takes me to nvidia control panel all the disks are healthy (disks alone are fine). I have heard of many possible solutions - no sata optical drive, no installing nvidia drivers (I'm in Vista), pound the crap out the computer. Nothing has worked. Any ideas? Have people seen this problem before? Has anyone solved it (because other boards complain about the same problem, but no solution)? Both nvidia and asus plead ignorance (tech support that know less than their customers - why even have that level of tech support for a mb that only somewhat knowledgable users will buy).
Help...

halcyon

Splendid
I had EXACTLY the same issue a few weeks ago. Precisely the same issue.

It's fixed now, so let me see if I can recall what I had to do...

Ah, I had to go in the bios to where you enable/disable RAID and disable it, reboot the PC, then return and re-enable it. ...its been fine ever since. I was extremely pissed because I've never had drives fail on me and the drives I have aren't that old...not that that really means anything...but still.

I'm glad it was relatively easy to fix. Let me know how it goes for ya, good luck.

EDIT: I think this issue was a result of moving to bios 1305, but otherwise that upgrade's been great, allowing good overclocks.