4 gigs of memory

rickandlise

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Ihave win xp 32 bit with 4 gigs of ddr2 667 Mhz memory i am only seeing 3 gigs of it My video card has 1 gig of ddr2 memory is the other gig be taken over by my video card how can i get my last gig working my mobo is asus m2n-sli deluxe running a Athlon 64x2 cpu my video card is a Geforce 220 gt am i (S.O.L) or is there any hope of getting my last gig I tired that PAE in the boot.ini but it wont let me save it

G

A 32-bit OS can only address a total of 4 GBs of memory. You need a 64-bit OS to address more.

rickandlise

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
well i wont do that i heard 64 bit has problems like vista i had vista did not like it out the window it went its crap like windows m.e. and 2000 so thanks for your quick reply

The 64 bit OS doesn't have problems per se. But it does break compatibility with some older apps and it uses new drivers. But that comes with the territory when doing that type of upgrade. Happened from 16 to 32 bit also.

PAE is able to extend memory addressing to 36 bit, but microsoft hard coded XP to not allow PAE memory extentions.