Sign in with
Your question

How to fix two administrators accounts on xp home edition

Last response: in Windows XP
May 24, 2010 1:03:30 AM

Hello,how to fix two administrators on win xp home edition. how do i fix this to have only one administrator on comp thanks for your time
May 24, 2010 2:02:59 AM

starfish23 said:
Hello,how to fix two administrators on win xp home edition. how do i fix this to have only one administrator on comp thanks for your time

[#0005ff]Could there be some confision here between a User Account with Administrator privileges as opposed to a Limited account, and the System Administrator who's icon in XP appears on the Safe Mode logon screen?[/#000ff]
m
l
May 24, 2010 2:11:24 AM

starfish23 said:

sign in as the remaining administrator (the user that you will keep)
click my computer
click control panel
click administrative tools
click computer management
click local users and groups on the left hand side of the window
double click users folder
right click on the user you want to delete (administrator that you will delete)
Left click on delete
Are you sure you want to delete the user? click Yes
Restart the computer
Once a user has been deleted, creating an identical name will not bring it back, it's permanent.
There must be at least one administrator, an administrator cannot delete their own account. :bounce: 

m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2010 2:13:28 AM

starfish23 said:

If you are not sure about this, confused, don't delete the administrator.
m
l
May 24, 2010 10:23:21 AM

soundguruman said:
sign in as the remaining administrator (the user that you will keep)
click my computer
click control panel
click administrative tools
click computer management
click local users and groups on the left hand side of the window
double click users folder
right click on the user you want to delete (administrator that you will delete)
Left click on delete
Are you sure you want to delete the user? click Yes
Restart the computer
Once a user has been deleted, creating an identical name will not bring it back, it's permanent.
There must be at least one administrator, an administrator cannot delete their own account. :bounce: 

HELLO and thank you for a anser group when i open administrative tools it is blank nothing in it even in safe mode. in save mode it shows my accounts as administrative,than john limited than jane administrative so i have two administrative accounts i can go to john and jane ok but admin wont let me deleate it thanks
m
l
Anonymous
May 24, 2010 11:07:40 AM

You can't delete the hidden Administrator account in Windows XP Home.
m
l
May 24, 2010 2:48:32 PM

Nor should you want to. The default admin account is there in case you screw up your other user profiles. It's a fail safe.

Unless you are booting into safe mode, you won't see that default administrator account anyway.
m
l
May 25, 2010 5:29:48 AM

896027,7,356916 said:
Nor should you want to. The default admin account is there in case you screw up your other user profiles. It's a fail safe.

Unless you are booting into safe mode, you won't see that default administrator account anyway.[/quotems Hello group and thank you for your fast replys you guys are on it.Ok i understand now one is a fail safe got it ,but why is my administrative tools folder empty nothing in it on all accounts thank you ?
m
l
Anonymous
May 25, 2010 11:56:04 AM

What "administrative tools folder"?
m
l
May 25, 2010 1:56:25 PM

Quote:
What "administrative tools folder"?

I'd be quite worried if that addition had been made to my Registry and wiped Administrative Tools off the face of Control Panel and I would be trying to find out what caused it.

Perhaps the OP could confirm he could see it in Safe Mode under the Administrator login.
m
l
May 18, 2011 8:59:05 PM

thnkx a lot
m
l
!