NoReMaC

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005
Hey guys. When I plug things into my USB ports, this message bubble comes up.

usbxl4.png

So it's basically saying that it doesn't recognize them as USB 2.0 ports, right? Because they are 2.0. I remember there was a time when I didn't get this message. There are a couple of things that don't bring up the message though. My USB floppy drive and USB thumb drive both don't.

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about getting an iPod, and I know that they require USB 2.0.

I thought maybe it could be a driver problem, but I know Windows XP SP2 comes with the USB 2.0 driver already.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
I believe the reason why your getting that message is because the device your using, is a compliant 2.0 USB device, and pluging it in to a USB port that is 1.0.

You may need to get the maunal out on your MB to see what your actual USB ports are. I remember my old Asus P4PE had ports that were 1.0 and 2.0, and gave me the same message. And in the bios, had options for legacy USB devices.

NoReMaC

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005
That's the thing... everything still works. Lol. I'll check my motherboards manual though, thanks.

Edit: They are in fact USB 2.0 ports.

NoReMaC

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005
I did have some USB 2.0 devices installed when I reinstalled windows a while ago. But I checked my BIOS and the USB 2.0 controller was disabled for some reason. >.<

Thanks for the help.