5PEEDz

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Abit IP35 PRO LGA 775

what do u guys think about this MB? Good OC for a q6600 or should i go wid asus?

chuckm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
I've had the same decision to make, but have decided on the abit. I was going to go with the Asus P5K-E but one of my coworkers did a build with the abit X38 and it convinced me to go with the IP35 Pro, in fact I'll be ordering it from Newgg while there's a $50 rebate and free shipping. Think that deal is good until June 6. Was going to wait for the prices to drop on the P35 boards as I'm on a tight budget, but there is no guarentee that that will happen.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
^FUD

Ive owned 2 Abit AMD boards and have nothing but good things to say. Highly reliable and good overclockers. If the price is right, you cant go wrong with any of the name brand products.

LeonRa

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
The Gigabyte bios hard to beat?!? It sucks big time!!! I had an ABIT motherboard and decided to upgrade. I bought Gigabyte motherboard and regretet my decison. With Abit i could do whatever i wanted in the bios( and even from the windows through mGury) including what is very important to me: regulating the fan speed ( i have 5 including the CPU). With Gigabyte i can regulate only 2, and i had to buy additional controller for the rest of them. Gigabyte boards might be very well made but the bios sucks!

chuckm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
I do/help other people/friends with their builds and have had less problems with the abit's. As I said, I was considering Asus, but have pretty much decided on abit or maybe DFI.

fjabad

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006

torcida_kutina

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006

This is certainly one of the most funniest statement i've ever heard. Gigabyte BIOS compared to ABIT's looks like misery.
I agreed with chuckm, ABIT and DFI are only MBO manufacturer different from others like asus, msi or gigabyte. They don't produce $hit.

grizz86

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
I have a doubt of having a bit before... when I had it, I'm really satisfied. I think they have the most great and easy overclocking using their SOFTMENU in bios setup. However they have problems when using default bios. U have to change the bios manually a bit.

No, I use the BIOS. +1 for the Abit by the way, I'm using the IP35 (middle of the range) with a Q6600 (G0) and have had no issues at all.