Windows 7 Professional Install Issue

Daimonizonai

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Morning guys,

I'm new here so forgive me if I'm repeating a topic; I did look but could only find similar issues.

I have a new build PC:

Sapphire PURE CrossFireX PC-AM3RS890G2
AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1100T Black Edition 3.30GHz
Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler
Gskill Ripsaw DDR3 8Gb RAM

I am using a single Seagate 250gb HDD and a bog standard LG CD drive and have removed my networking and graphics card in an attempt to rectify the issue.

My problem is in the first time windows7 Professional 64bit installation. The machine powers does immediately after the the 'Loading Windows' screen every time without fail.

I have so far:

Removed 4Gb of RAM
Removed all 'Unnecessary' drives
Checked all wiring to ensure they haven't slipped
Installed and removed Windows XP to 'test' the machine; it worked but fell over during the Windows7 upgrade

This is my first build in probably 5 years and it has me stumped so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

so win7 installs fine? you are only having trouble at log in screen? does the PC give you any beeps? BSODs? any other clues as to what the problem might be?

does it power down or reboot?

Daimonizonai

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Win7 install never finishes, the problem is with the initial install. The machine doesn't give me a BSOD or any beeps ... it just powers down.

Windows loads files, gives me the 'Windows Starting' screen (Before proceeding with the installation) and powers down with no warning.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
are you watching it when it restarts or are you out of the room and come back to it having restarted?

(win7 will autorestart when it gets a bsod unless you tell it otherwise)

is it retail install or upgrade disk like i used?