Q6600 P5N-D OC

In april i bought me a new system :)

CPU: Q6600 Kentsfield G0
GPU: Asus 8800GTS 512MB Overclocked (740/1800/1035)
MOBO: Asus P5N-D
RAM:2x KINGSTON: 1GB DDR2 800 PC6400 1024MB
New RAM coming in Juli (extra 2x KINGSTON: 1GB DDR2 800 PC6400 1024MB)(So total 4x 1gb)
PSU: Antec Ultra-quiet, high-efficiency 550 Watt NeoPower power supply
Case: Antec Sonata Plus 550 - EC/ http://www.antec.com/ec/productDetails.php?ProdID=08144
CPU cooling: stock cooling
NEW CPU Cooler (ICT-D925P-GP) (Getting from friend for low cost in Juli :kaola: )
http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&tbcate=152&id=3253

I want to overclockt my CPU a little bit if i have my new cpu cooler.
Don"t want the FSB higher than 1333FSB because that's the max rated fsb of my MOBO.
If possible i like VCORE auto, so i don't fry my cpu.

Has someone good settings?

I already tought about an overclockt to FSB 300X4 with multiplier 9 so i get 2.7Ghz.

Thank you in advance

Mattias
12 answers Last reply
More about q6600
  1. JLewis187 said:

As i said, i don't want 3.6Ghz
    I want only a max of 3.0Ghz
    Thank you
  2. Hey, can you run Core Temp and list the VID of your chip, please? Thats normally a good indication of what your voltage will be like, and also, Auto tends to over volt the CPU when OCing it!

--Lupi
  3. Lupiron said:
    Hey, can you run Core Temp and list the VID of your chip, please? Thats normally a good indication of what your voltage will be like, and also, Auto tends to over volt the CPU when OCing it!

--Lupi

No problem, I just use AUTO than
    I just updated my BIOS to 0302 and tried some mini overclockings with default stock cooler.
    My system worked verry good at 2.7 GHz (FSB1200) , so no problem.

Has someone a stable PC with FSB1333Mhz on Q6600???
  4. mattionline said:
    No problem, I just use AUTO than
    I just updated my BIOS to 0302 and tried some mini overclockings with default stock cooler.
    My system worked verry good at 2.7 GHz (FSB1200) , so no problem.

Has someone a stable PC with FSB1333Mhz on Q6600???

Oh , on my next reboot i had problems
    With 2.7Ghz my AUTO VCORE set my voltage to 1.40V
    To high!!!!
    So i will use Manually
    I want to now good settings for my RAM and CPU

I want to put it on 1333FSB , Multiplier 9 , 3.0Ghz

Linked or Unlinked????
    if unlinked: wich speed??? 800, less, more???
    Vcore=???
    Other Voltages???

Ram voltage default is 1.850V
    KINGSTON: 1GB DDR2 800 PC6400 1024MB
  5. Lupiron said:
    Hey, can you run Core Temp and list the VID of your chip, please? Thats normally a good indication of what your voltage will be like, and also, Auto tends to over volt the CPU when OCing it!

--Lupi

If i run my CPU on stock speed, bios shows 1.26V for CPU in hardware Monitor
  6. mattionline said:
    If i run my CPU on stock speed, bios shows 1.26V for CPU in hardware Monitor

Finally Get it overclocked to 3.0Ghz with 1333FSB on STOCK COOLING!!!!
    :kaola:
    Overclocked Q6600 with P5N-D

Vcore 1.3
    Memory AUTO
    HT 1.3
    NB 1.3
    SB 1.5

3.0Ghz
    Unlinked
    FSB 1333Mhz
    Memory 800Mhz

Idle : 35°C
    100% Load(Prime95) : 62°C
  7. Good Job, it's not to hard on this board. Being a 650i updated, it doesnt have $hit for features, but it over clocks just fine from what i can tell. I had 418 Fsb stable.

The only thing I have encountered now is the fact that it doesnt have strap selection to NB, meaning it fills in the blanks with its best divider, or strap. Since you cant manually select it, you have to force a re calculation by changing the FSB a tiny bit.

As in, at QDR 1675 it would freeze durring prime, no BSOD or anything, just freeze, and for the life of me, I couldn't get it to stop! And there isnt to may voltage options and junk that effect it, so after like 10 re boots to change voltages and junk, I realized that because it lacks a strap to NB, it's just gonna do what it wants, and we all know that sometimes the math just doesnt work right, and it can't opporate properly, so I had to reduce the QDR to 1670. Basically 1.3 points of FSB and then she worked like a charm, so of course I lowered the volts again.

Can you run CORE TEMP and list the VID of your chip. If its 1.26 in CPUz its gonna be 1.3000 or higher. ;(

CPUz shows the real time voltage to the cores. Core Temp will only list the factory imprinted VID of the thing.

--Lupi
  8. this board maxes out at 3.6ghz I tryed 1720fsb .... didnt even begin to boot.
  9. Lupiron said:
    Good Job, it's not to hard on this board. Being a 650i updated, it doesnt have $hit for features, but it over clocks just fine from what i can tell. I had 418 Fsb stable.

The only thing I have encountered now is the fact that it doesnt have strap selection to NB, meaning it fills in the blanks with its best divider, or strap. Since you cant manually select it, you have to force a re calculation by changing the FSB a tiny bit.

As in, at QDR 1675 it would freeze durring prime, no BSOD or anything, just freeze, and for the life of me, I couldn't get it to stop! And there isnt to may voltage options and junk that effect it, so after like 10 re boots to change voltages and junk, I realized that because it lacks a strap to NB, it's just gonna do what it wants, and we all know that sometimes the math just doesnt work right, and it can't opporate properly, so I had to reduce the QDR to 1670. Basically 1.3 points of FSB and then she worked like a charm, so of course I lowered the volts again.

Can you run CORE TEMP and list the VID of your chip. If its 1.26 in CPUz its gonna be 1.3000 or higher. ;(

CPUz shows the real time voltage to the cores. Core Temp will only list the factory imprinted VID of the thing.

--Lupi

My vid is 1.325
  10. Yeah, the worse one, hehe! All the new q6600's have been 1.3000 or higher. The worse three. 1.3000, 1.31250, and 1.3250. That means you'll need a huge amount of VCore in the Bios to get 3.6 stable with the massive vdrop and droop of this board.

Like 1.5750 should give you the needed 1.4500 or so to be prime stable at 3.6 Ghz loaded.

I'll be posting pics in my thread soon, get my other cooler tomorrow, the silent square on it now literally blows. Not good enough!

--Lupi
  11. Ok, i tested my system now completly and have verry good settings i think

Overclocked Q6600 with P5N-D
    VID 1.325

Vcore 1.325
    Memory AUTO
    HT 1.3
    NB 1.3
    SB 1.5

3.0Ghz
    Unlinked
    FSB 1333Mhz