OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
I just had a religious experience. I think I saw the face of G-d. I want one so bad I'd be perfectly willing to just hang out in the lobby of the local bank grimacing menacingly and pointing my finger through my jacket pocket at the little old ladies using the ATM to see if they'd cough up the cash.

But is there any way to drill four more holes in the socket to take 775s??? I HATE FB-DIMMS! :(

Pardon me for the excess cynicism: It's interesting, for sure. But in an environment where it's difficult to find (consumer based) applications that even use multiple cores - (and never mind "Effectively") - I find it a little difficult to get too excited over multi-processor hardware. It'd make for great benchmark numbers using the right utility, I guess....

Besides that!?!? Games are the only thing I can think of that'd even come close to using that kind of horsepower. And maybe I'm just being a short sighted, overly negative @$$hole... But until there's SMP~aware games on the market, I see little reason to have more stuff on the mobo sitting there doing nothing except generating heat.

True.... :na:

Same reasoning as 130CI air cooled V-twins on a frame chopped out so long it has two different zip codes for the front and rear tires.... It may only do one or two things well... But it does them REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLYYY well! :sol:

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007

Dude, I might be workin on one of those in February! Custom made 62" springer front end with so much rake it turns to negitive trail so that the front wheel will be wanting to turn itself backwrds at highway speeds! The client is going to be a hood orniment for a Kenworth on his first outing but thats what he wants since it's gonna look PIMP!

Jiu look faaaaaaaabulous! - Billy Crystal

I'm on the knee-dragging side of the MC house, personally. So the issues on this side of the fence are more centered around so little rake (24~ish degrees/sub-100mm trail on some bikes) that we run into the same problem from the other direction.... Regardless. I can *surely* appreciate a pimp ride. :sol: Having said that, you might want to prep your client accordingly: Tell him to look up "Tankslapper" on YouTube... :ouch: Actually, you might want to grab some popcorn and do that anyhow!! Entertaining as hell to watch! :pt1cable: :pt1cable:

More seriously: If he does end up having a problem, a steering damper can help keep it under control... Wouldn't be pretty to have one hanging on the bike, tho... :(

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007

I've sat the guy down and given him a front end geometry lessson and it still wont help. He says that since he's 6'3" and about 400 lbs and built like a brick s***house he can handle anything the bike can dish out. By my calcs, this 62" springer will have 72mm negative trail. That will mean that the front end will be like a shoping cart's wheel when it's trying to rotate backwirds. Eat drink and be merry because tomorow you WILL die. I was thinking of becoming the benificiary on his life insurance policy though! :lol:

You want at least 130mm of trail on a bike that you entend to survive riding on. But many of you sportbike riders dont realy seem to care about seeing tomorow's sunrise so it doesn't matter much. I was folowing (or trying to follow) a guy on a Suzi Busa and saw him go straight through a hard lefthander and down about 100 ft. drop. I didnt stick around to see the crews bring up the bits. And a couple of years ago in Europe I saw a Yamaha somethng (hard to tell as there wasnt much left) embeded right into a Fiat Uno. Aparently he hit the car at over 140mph and drove right into it. Two on the bike and five in the car. All toast.

Now... how am I going to brng this back to Skulltrail... Yeah! Datz it! Bikes with too little trail leave a trail of skulls! :bounce:

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007

I know that Intel is choosing the Xeons for some techy reason so that the reg memory will work with the duals, but stilll... right on the yuck for the FBs.

I'm worried about aftermarket hsf clearance due to that big mutha of a heatsink between the sockets. Imagine trying to shoehorn two Tuniq Towers on that sucka. OCers will wanna WC it. Two waterblocks, both running into a rad from a 76 Caddy Eldo. Now we're talkin'!

This is the ultimite Tim Allen PC. MORE POWER!!!

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007

Yup.

8a9xdsj.jpg

jkflipflop98

Distinguished

It's an e-peen thing. It's like that dude everyone works with that has that giganticly jacked up 4x4 truck with the 44" super-swamper tires and a 454 under the hood, yet he never leaves the asphalt. If there's a few people out there that really want to pay the premium for the biggest badboy system around, may as well take the money.

That's not a Binford Waterblock .... Tim's has 4 X 1" barbs on it and is at least 8" high, bright red, and has electric start ... lol.

His is probably machined from depleted uranium.

Good photoshop work Oldskool !!