I'm glad Microsoft finally gave their next OS it's final name.
"Longhorn" was a bit peculiar.

Hasta la vista Longhorn.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Ok6XKhujFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
History Fan <Unknownplaces@unknownplaces22.com> hunted and pecked:

"History Fan" <Unknownplaces@unknownplaces22.com> wrote:

> I'm glad Microsoft finally gave their next OS it's final name.
>"Longhorn" was a bit peculiar.

You have to know the history. Blackcomb and Whistler were the
development project names for previous versions of Windows. Both are
the names of mountains at a popular ski resort in British Columbia, a
few hours drive north of Seattle/Redmond.

Longhorn is the name of a popular bar/pub in the ski resort town of
Whistler B.C., which is situated between Blackcomb and Whistler
mountains.

Vista could be a reference to the magnificent scenic views from the
top of either mountain. :)
Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Longhorn is better then Vista, all their codenames are better then the
shipping names, well apart from Whistler / XP.
http://blogs.dasmirnov.net/paul/2005/07/22/goodbye_longhorn

I was secretly hoping for Windows 2006.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

"History Fan" <Unknownplaces@unknownplaces22.com> wrote in message
> I'm glad Microsoft finally gave their next OS it's final name.
> "Longhorn" was a bit peculiar.

yep from what i know they are thinking about haveing the home and pro
edtions of corse but also have an preuium, starter, moble like OS
preumim--- include all the features of the vista series
starter ---- an low end OS for countrys comming in to the technolgy world
that can be cheep and easy to run
' moble like ' ( tablet pc) ----- you know what that is ....
plus more comming soon

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "History Fan" <Unknownplaces@unknownplaces22.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm glad Microsoft finally gave their next OS it's final name.
> >"Longhorn" was a bit peculiar.
> >

> You have to know the history. Blackcomb and Whistler were the
> development project names for previous versions of Windows. Both are
> the names of mountains at a popular ski resort in British Columbia, a
> few hours drive north of Seattle/Redmond.
>
> Longhorn is the name of a popular bar/pub in the ski resort town of
> Whistler B.C., which is situated between Blackcomb and Whistler
> mountains.
>
> Vista could be a reference to the magnificent scenic views from the
> top of either mountain. :)
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

I was all set for the names of the Longhorn editions. Drat. Longhorn for
Pro, Shorthorn for Home, Flugelhorn for MCE, Carhorn for Windows Auto,
Foghorn for Windows Starter, Windows N (Europe) could have been Dehorned,
even the MBR could have been Shoehorn. The possibilities were just endless.

"History Fan" <Unknownplaces@unknownplaces22.com> wrote in message
> I'm glad Microsoft finally gave their next OS it's final name.
> "Longhorn" was a bit peculiar.

<snort><guffaw>

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
>I was all set for the names of the Longhorn editions. Drat. Longhorn for
>Pro, Shorthorn for Home, Flugelhorn for MCE, Carhorn for Windows Auto,
>Foghorn for Windows Starter, Windows N (Europe) could have been Dehorned,
>even the MBR could have been Shoehorn. The possibilities were just
>endless.
>
> "History Fan" <Unknownplaces@unknownplaces22.com> wrote in message
>> I'm glad Microsoft finally gave their next OS it's final name.
>> "Longhorn" was a bit peculiar.

ROTFLMAO

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
>I was all set for the names of the Longhorn editions. Drat. Longhorn for
>Pro, Shorthorn for Home, Flugelhorn for MCE, Carhorn for Windows Auto,
>Foghorn for Windows Starter, Windows N (Europe) could have been Dehorned,
>even the MBR could have been Shoehorn. The possibilities were just
>endless.
>
> "History Fan" <Unknownplaces@unknownplaces22.com> wrote in message
>> I'm glad Microsoft finally gave their next OS it's final name.
>> "Longhorn" was a bit peculiar.

ROFL

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I was all set for the names of the Longhorn editions. Drat. Longhorn for
> Pro, Shorthorn for Home, Flugelhorn for MCE, Carhorn for Windows Auto,
> Foghorn for Windows Starter, Windows N (Europe) could have been Dehorned,
> even the MBR could have been Shoehorn. The possibilities were just
endless.

> "History Fan" <Unknownplaces@unknownplaces22.com> wrote in message
> > I'm glad Microsoft finally gave their next OS it's final name.
> > "Longhorn" was a bit peculiar.

Colin what do you suggest for Windows PE? (or is that self explanatory?)

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp