Windows Updates?

Won't let me update because I have Automatic Updates turned off. This is
only happening recently. I don't want Automatic Updates, I would like to
check for and download them when I decide, not when MS does.
I seems MS is becoming more controlling of what people are doing with their
own PC's, I had MS Antispyware running in the background and it put me
through hoops trying to open E-donkey!

--
Kenny Cargill
3 answers Last reply

    Kenny;
    If you mean the service Automatic Update, it needs to be on and always has
    to use Windows Update manually or automatic..
    If you mean Automatic Updates under System Properties, you can get the
    updates manually regardless the settings..

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "" wrote:
    > Kenny;
    > If you mean the service Automatic Update, it needs to be on
    > and always has
    > to use Windows Update manually or automatic..
    > If you mean Automatic Updates under System Properties, you can
    > get the
    > updates manually regardless the settings..
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > Won't let me update because I have Automatic Updates turned
    > off. This is
    > > only happening recently. I don't want Automatic Updates, I
    > would like to
    > > check for and download them when I decide, not when MS does.
    > > I seems MS is becoming more controlling of what people are
    > doing with
    > > their own PC's, I had MS Antispyware running in the
    > background and it put
    > > me through hoops trying to open E-donkey!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Kenny Cargill

    I agree with you kenny, autoupdates dose drive me round the bend,
    hence why it’s perminantly disabled :D

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-Windows-Updates-ftopict399291.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318780

    "Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

    > I agree with you kenny, autoupdates dose drive me round the bend,
    > hence why it's perminantly disabled :D

    Microsoft do need to push automation in updates, which is why SP2 prompts
    you and requires you to click yes or no (rather then just close).

    Gotta think about the X millions of users who don't know what Windows or
    Microsoft Update is, or who don't know what a patch is, who need their
    machines up to date.

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.