Undo choice in "Always make this selection" checkbox

dludwig

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
I have a digital camera with a USB connection. When I plugged it in to my PC, a window popped up asking how I wanted to transfer photos. I made a selection to use a program listed and clicked the "always use this selection" checkbox. I now want to change or undo this, but cannot find out how. Please help!

Solution
Thanks, aford10, but that solution deals with file associations. This is a different animal. But I have found a solution thanks to one of our IT guys. Since the camera is seen as a media device, its memory shows up as a mapped drive in Windows Explorer. If I right click on the mapped drive device name and select "Properties", then click on the "AutoPlay" tab, then select "Pictures" as content type, I can scroll down and select "Take no action" and select OK. Now Windows will not automatically launch a program when the camera USB port is inserted.

dludwig

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Thanks, aford10, but that solution deals with file associations. This is a different animal. But I have found a solution thanks to one of our IT guys. Since the camera is seen as a media device, its memory shows up as a mapped drive in Windows Explorer. If I right click on the mapped drive device name and select "Properties", then click on the "AutoPlay" tab, then select "Pictures" as content type, I can scroll down and select "Take no action" and select OK. Now Windows will not automatically launch a program when the camera USB port is inserted.

Solution