Your question

When are the new intel CPUs coming out?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Quad Core
  • Intel
Last response: in CPUs
January 1, 2008 1:09:25 AM

I read something about new Intel quad core CPUs coming out in January. Is this still going to happen? Have Intel announced this officially?

More about : intel cpus coming

January 1, 2008 1:20:07 AM

Yorkfield has been rumored to be delayed, due to Intel's desire to improve compatibility with cheaper motherboards. However, it is still on track with the official launch time frame (Q1 08).
January 1, 2008 1:24:41 AM

Whats Yorkfield?
Related resources
January 1, 2008 1:32:44 AM

The quad core chips are delayed, the dual core chips are still set to come out in Jan. As far as I know.....anyone know anything different?
January 1, 2008 1:39:40 AM

andrewphillipf1 said:
The quad core chips are delayed, the dual core chips are still set to come out in Jan. As far as I know.....anyone know anything different?

I just checked ncix and they've droped the price on the Yorkies for the third time in as many weeks and they are still claiming a couple of weeks for deliviry. The Q9550 is now under $600.

If the Yorkies are indeed delayed to March then this makes no DELETED sense!

Why is ncix that is a major retaler adjusting the prices three times in three weeks? If it was a mistake, or if they weren't up to date on the delay or blah blah blah they wouldn't be jigling the prices aroudn woudl they? Doesn't make any sense to me.

My money is on a Yorkie (Q9550/9450/9300) debut rite on sked on Jan. 20. And if that's the case, then I'm going to have a Q9550 huming away in my case by the end of Jan! Whoppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :bounce: 
January 1, 2008 1:58:57 AM

At this point, there is no official release date for the Penryn Desktop Chips. The Notebook version is due for release on Jan 6th/7th.

I would not be surprised to hear a more official date for the desktop models at that point.

The current rumors point to the DualCore Penryn being available on Jan 20th.

There have been rumors that the Quad-Core version will not be available until latre in Q1.

However, Intel has not confirmed any dates at this point in time.
January 2, 2008 1:59:48 AM

OlSkoolChopper said:
this makes no DELETED sense!
[:turpit:2]
January 2, 2008 3:02:55 AM

the big deal is here is the cpu's are no bid deal - you need a fsb 3000 mobo to match a q6600 performace

1600fsb is great for oem's it bad for elite system builders, tweakers and elite system buyers
January 2, 2008 3:03:24 AM

Bidybag said:
Whats Yorkfield?

its a candy bar!
January 13, 2008 12:46:49 AM

Thats a chocolate bar silly.
!