Installing the XP OS and.. Oops....

G

Hello,
I just built my first pc last night but then while installing the XP OS I accidentally unplugged the pc. :cry: Besides feeling like a moron I'm also worried. When I try to install again from any XP OS cd it tells me that there is an error and doesn't even boot the installer. Any ideas?

Sincerely.
Extremely Moronic Feeling Moron.

Hello,
I just built my first pc last night but then while installing the XP OS I accidentally unplugged the pc. :cry: Besides feeling like a moron I'm also worried. When I try to install again from any XP OS cd it tells me that there is an error and doesn't even boot the installer. Any ideas?

Sincerely.
Extremely Moronic Feeling Moron.

Could happen to anybody, even me. What type / model of motherboard is this? Perhaps if we figure how to boot the CD at the end of the bios setup, remove reinstall the C MOS battery, clear C MOS setting, or get into BOOT mode, there is usually a way to reformat and start the setup over again.
But we need the motherboard manual, it would be helpful. All is not lost, just a bit of a setback, a bit of frustration.

How far do you get when booting off the XP disc? Do you get to the F8 license agreement? Do you see the partitioned and unpartitioned space? If you can see the partitions, delete and format any existing ones. Then the install process will start over. The full format will wipe the drive of whatever you installed before.

TRENDING THREADS