160gb hdd
8500GT
23 answers Last reply
More about slow boot
  1. it takes 1.16 seconds
  2. 1.16 seconds? What is fast?
  3. 1min 16seconds
    the logo takes
  4. The logo takes 1.16 seonds? The BIOS is testing system hardware like system RAM during bootup as well as loading up necessary system drivers the OS will be using. 1.16 seconds to a logo screen is absolutely meaningless in terms of anything other than what I mentioned.
  5. hahahah I MEAN THE XP LOGO not you what you say
  6. So, 1.16 seconds to XP logo (sign in) is slow? hahahaha.
  7. 1min and 16seconds
    not 1.16seconds
    LOL
  8. One minute and sixteen seconds depends on how much hardware and what programs you have set to load up at start up. Have you set the programs you want to load at start up?
  9. Open the 'run' command. type in msconfig

Click the 'startup' tab and uncheck all. Reboot.
  10. I KNOW THIS
  11. LOL. You should consider it. It's elementary knowledge.
  12. LOL TRIED THIS
    NOTHING
  13. COULD IT BE VIRUTUAL MEMORY I SET TO 3100
  14. LOL, nothing as in there were no programs 'checked' to start up when Windows loads? Otherwise, sounds like one minute and sixteen seconds is normal startup time for your system. Options would include a new system with Windows 7, a faster processor and an SSD. With Windows Xp start up times are pretty much limited to what has been discussed. Your system just isn't fast enough to load any faster. A clean installation of the OS always helps to 'move' OS related things along.
  15. I would be sure to update all the system drivers including video, LAN, sound etc. to the latest driver available.
  16. I HAVE ALL LATEST DRIVERS
  17. So what is your question besides the idea one minute and sixteen seconds is 'slow' to desktop? Typing in all caps is not necessary. Take the Caps Lock off if you expect anyone to help you.
  18. amir619 said:
    it takes 1.16 seconds

One second and sixteen one-hundredths?
  19. I TURN ON CAPS LOCK BECAUSE YOU DONT UNDERSTAND
    WTF
  20. Quote:
    I TURN ON CAPS LOCK BECAUSE YOU DONT UNDERSTAND
    WTF

I don't know if I should condemn you for your stupidity or marvel at your ability to form words.
  21. *** YOU
Ask a new question

Read More

Slow Startup Dual Core Windows XP