New system does not get power anymore

wolfseeker2828

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
So I finally bought my system. When I installed it in the case it would not run. So I took it out, because the problem was the CPU 4-pin power cable was awkwardly placed and did not fit well. It ran perfectly fine outside my system, so I waited for the next day to put it back in. When I put it back in, this time with the CPU power supply firmly in position, it would not start. At all. Before, the fans would spin for a second and then turn off. Now it does nothing. Took it out of the case (onto a wood surface). Nothing. I have this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812120803
that i used on my other computer. The light is on when it runs. When I turn on the PSU, the light turns off. I also have to use a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter from the power strip to the wall.

**edit**

my specs:
2 gb ADATA DDR2 800 RAM (says this needs 2.0 to 2.1v, but I can't change it because the comp wont start!)
GA-P35-D3SL mobo
Antec NeoHE 500W PSU (used this on another computer, worked fine)
Pentium dual-core E2160
Cooler Master Hyper TX coolder (used this on another computer too)
HIS Radeon HD 3850 512MB

what is going on?

wolfseeker2828

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Nope, everything is in. I've tried this about twenty times. It doesn't even try to turn on. I've reseated the cooler about three times, double checked the motherboard, made sure the RAM is seated, the GPU is in and the power is connected, made sure the CPu 4-pin connector is in ,the 24-pin connecter, the 4-pin to the HDD, and the connector to the power button but nothing. It does not even try to start. Like I said, I think it is a problem with the power to the power supply, not any of the cables. It ran fine the first time.

metal_

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
i had this problem with my first build.
you shortcircuited your motherboard you need to replace it.
btw did you install the golden standoffs BEFORE you put the motherboard in?

metal_

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
there these golden screws you place in the case, then you put the motherboard on and screw it in.

you need to replace your motherboard

wolfseeker2828

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
I got a new mobo from newegg, a DFI Blood Iron P35 mobo. Will this work with my other parts?

e2160 cpu
hd 3850 gpu
ADATA 800MHz DDR2 CAS 4 RAM
Cooler Master Hyper TX2 cooler

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
oh man ...
they're easy to change. go to a hardware store and get a box of 10 even. all you need is a screwdriver. I changed mine without turning off the power too. I don't recommend that you do that though. You buy a Grand PC. So go get a $2 outlet. easy ... ground is your friend.