need help installing ide dvd-drive on my maximus formula yea its been

badboybankz

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
just finished building my new pc Oced it to 3.5ghz with 32C now i been having a problem with my ide drive need help installing ide dvd-drive on my maximus formula yea its been a pain in butt

i know it might sound stupid but i tried connecting it and i know how to connect a ide drive but it just wont work for me.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Usually they aren't just bad though. I don't think I've ever had one be bad, maybe 1. I would still try the jumper setting before rmaing the drive. Are you sure too that the IDE port on your mobo works? Because I had one mobo where the IDE channels actually stopped working altogether.

badboybankz

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
well i set i jumper to master, and i really don't know if mobo ide port work or not. Is there like a special way on the asus maximus formula. i got the Pioneer 18X DVD±R DVD Burner Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model DVR-112D - OEM

badboybankz

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
i know that dvd drive requires 80 ide port and i am using a 80 port and i am not sure what UDMA4 mode is is there a way to turn it on

cpburns

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
i think asus sounds like they're full of ****. the usual reason to still include a single IDE is for opticals. make sure in the BIOS of the board that the IDE port is actually enabled. sounds silly, but perhaps they ship those boards with it disabled, assuming everyone will use SATA.