memc

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Well I have two Seagates Barracuda 250gb 32Mb and 500gb 32Mb.. so it all begin when i unstall an application on windows XP then i got a BSOD... and then i couldnt enter windows.. it got stuck on the loading screen.. so i installed vista.. thinking that i was a virus or something and everything was fine.. for a day.. then i got another BSOD and after that i got a HDD lecture error... so i trying to format the 250gb HD with ubunt 'cause it got stuck with windows boot cd.. so i erase everything and i install windows on the 250gb.. and it last like an hour.. and after that i tried installing on the other HD wich i suppose i would be ok cause the i installed all the OS on the first HD but i was wrong... i could install windows on 1 of the partitions but it last like 2 3 hours after it got extremly slow and crash..
So my question is.. how could that happen to both HD on the same time o_O?.. did that happen to any1 else?.. and well ill appreciate any help or explaniation.
Oh btw i try testing the first drive with a seatools and i f
ail..

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Have you considered a hot or faulty chipset (maybe even drivers)? Having two hardrives fail with the same issue is very, very rare.

All you have done so far is state what YOU did, not the hardware you did it with.

memc

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
well i was thinking about that.. i have a EVGA 790i .. and was considering to flash the bios... but as a last resort... adn well exactly.. i still dont think they are useless cause its rare that they fail at the same time...