Tigerdirect

dingusxp

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
So my I ordered an i5-3570k from Tigerdirect, which I thought was a rather well known site to shop from. I received the package yesterday, only it was empty, with packaging material and an invoice. The box did not have my i5 and so I contacted customer service. They said they would look into it so while I was waiting, I decided to check reviews for the site. I found out that they were actually complete garbage and if anyone wanted anything, it would take them forever to receive it. Has anyone else had experience with tigerdirect? And what should I do about my wasted money? I don't think they'll send me another one any time soon.

jenwired

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

I call this story complete ... Do you work for Newegg.com or another competitor of TigerDirect's? You're claiming that you ordered a product and all received was an empty box?!?

Post your order number ... tell us your actual name. If the facts are as you claimed, you've got nothing to hide. But of course, your post is just an anonymous slander against TigerDirect.com. Why disclose who you really are when you're counting on hiding behind anonymity (that's probably a big dictionary word for you, but look it up if you've got any issues).

Really, that Tom's Hardware allows junk like this to be posted undermines the credibility of the entire site.

dingusxp

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
No I don't work for any competitor's site. If you don't trust my review, then ignore it. What would providing my name and order number do? Unless you're from Tigerdirect, I don't see any reason to post it. They've already sent out another package after confirming that the box was indeed empty, so kudos to them for that. There are also tons of problems that other people have specified on various sites, whether it be poor customer service and if you look at their facebook page, either everyone is trolling, or they all have problems with the site.

tigerb2b

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

I hope your concern was addressed, however posting a big rant like this before anything can be done to resolve it is a little over the top.

TigerDirect is a solid company and with proccessing thousands of orders daily there are bound to be some mishaps. It is how these mishaps are handled that truly define a company.

If you need anything further, please chime into me directly and I will personally do my best to assist.

timtrent

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
I've been a TigerDirect customer for years. I've placed at least 10 orders this year already. For the most part I've been treated pretty good. But recently I purchased the Inner Circle membership and was a bit disappointed.
Now that you are a member, here is what you get.

Free unlimited ground shipping on all orders eligible for ground shipping!
50% OFF 2nd day and overnight.
Members-only Specials and FIRST-DELIVERY of our best e-mail deals.
Top priority customer service response with special members only toll free 24-7 800 number.
Access to exclusive TigerDirect Inner Circle™ offers! Rock-bottom prices on “few left” items!
Priority Service Phone Number: 800-685-XXXX

I've never seen any members-only specials. I don't get the daily emails any quicker than I did before. The priority service number is just an extra layer where an operator asks what you need and then dumps you in the regular agent queue. I've still not seen a "few left" item. What is that? About the only thing legit here, is the "free ground shipping" which is not really any faster than the free econo-shipping which is basically a mix of UPS ground and USPS to your house. So maybe you save one day on shipping. Is it worth $40 bucks a year for this? Probably not.

Another thing that gripes me...

I've submitted several reviews. The negative ones seem to always go into a big black hole and seldom make it to the item reviews section. Strange that positive ones seem to post right away. I submitted a negative review on the Inner Circle product three times. It was never posted. This makes me leery of all the reviews. I have been relying on those reviews as an accurate gauge of what people experience. But now I know, they are filtered. A quick Google of this confirmed that others are saying the same thing. This means the reviews cannot be trusted. That is a HUGE let-down. I feel like I just found out TruTV's Repo-Man is fake all over again.

I've been treated very well by TigerDirect over the years, but lately, am starting not to fully trust them.

And before some TD jerk spouts off about anonymity - MY NAME IS TIM TRENT. TD Order# J2574361 (and many others)

tigerb2b

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

timtrent

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Get what resolved? The fact that the Inner Circle membership makes a bunch of promises and then falls short? Or the issue with reviews being filtered? How am I suppose to resolve either of those?

tigerb2b

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Tim, if you like you can give me a call and I can try to help you.
866-310-8183
Dennis Winkowski
b2b account manager.

timtrent

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Thanks Dennis.

But understand my reason for posting publicly was to "share" my experience with others "googling" a possible similar experience with Inner Circle. Also, since I felt my honest and fair review, albeit somewhat negative, was torched, I wanted to voice my review on a related techie medium where it could be referenced by other would-be purchasers.

I understand your desire to take this "off-board" especially since my review was handled in a similar fashion..."hush-hush" so to speak. That's why I am here, because it was swept under the rug at TD product reviews.

Please realize that I did try and contact TD prior to this public review. In fact..twice. The first time was on Sunday. I spoke with Pedro at extension 5864 (or maybe 5869- can't read my own desk scribbles) and he had no answers for me. He said he would try and find out and I should call him back on Monday. I did call back on Monday at 1:57 where I got transferred to Rachel. Rachel did not know anything about the Inner Circle benefits so she transferred me to Madeline. Madeline said that I should be getting special offers with respect to inner circle via email. She later backtracked and said that I get the same offers, only I get them sooner. When I explained to Madeline, that I have several emails registered through TigerDirect, but only one of which is registered with the Inner Circle profile, so I am clearly able to see if I get "special offers" there before I get them at my other email accounts. I don't. So then we went round and round about Hotmail marking them as spam. I explained to Madeline that "No, I have Hotmail whitelisted for TigerDirect" so that is not an issue...but I don't think she knew what that meant. Plus that, but I get them at my Hotmail account, just not any sooner than I do at my other accounts. We went round and round about this but then Madeline finally admitted that she did not have Inner Circle herself, had never seen an Inner Circle email offer since she was not a member and was not sure really how often they went out. Madelline was very nice, and it was clear that she was trying to "fake it" the best she could, but it was equally clear that she didn't really know anything about inner circle except that I was getting free ground shipping. Ok, that part I get. I have no problems with that. But, as someone who is addicted to technology, makes purchases at least once a week, Checks the TD precisely at 11 pm central (the moment it's up) for the Daily Deal, I want to see more good deals. Hence, the reason I paid the $40 bucks. I don't want a bunch of hem-hawing around if a person does not know the answer. If this is something that is advertised but not delivered...if it's something that TD is still working on...if it's a mistake I am making, not looking in the right place...I want to know!

I hope that conveys my aggravation on the Inner Circle thing. I'm not looking for a credit. I'm not looking for anything for free. I don't want my money back for Inner Circle. I want the perks that was offered with Inner Circle.

Now as far as the whole reviews thing... That's the reason I chose to share my story on a forum that TD does not control and it's the reason that I would really rather not take this issue off the board, out of public eyes. I know how TD resolves issues it doesn't have an answer for..."Here's a gift card, now love us or leave us". If it's going to be resolved, it should be resolved for everybody, not just me. The program needs some fine-tuning.

P.S. The order number I provided was not an order where a problem occurred . I posted it in response to what appeared to be a TD rep demanding an order ID in order to take a post in this thread seriously. I knew you could find me in your computer by any order ID and verify for yourself that my comments are accurate, not fabricated.

timtrent

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

Dennis,

Do you have any statement to how TD is going to improve the Inner Circle program to "make good" on the benefits it promises with regards to exclusive Inner Circle deals? I would like to give you one last opportunity to openly address this, prior to me filing a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office and the BBB of Southeast Florida.

Regards,
Tim

tigerb2b

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Tim,
I work in the B2B department.. I offered my help where I could, outside of the consumer website.

Best of luck to you.

tigerb2b

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

Np Tim, I offer help to my fellow Tom's Hardware Forum members as a give back as I appreciate the site. I am a tech user just like you and I do try to help out where I can. I am sorry you don't feel that way. I have helped many other members in the past I hope to continue as this forum is a great source for all of us.

Cheers to all!

hijaxhfx

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I order all the time from tigerdirect.ca, i am sure the American site is no different. they from the 60 plus orders i have done,have been excellent in every way , this is just my personal experience

tigerb2b

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

Great news to hear! Thanks for the comment

timtrent

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

I just want to do a follow up to my previous complaint with Inner Circle from Tiger Direct and more specifically, the "exclusive deals" for Inner Circle members.

So in a nutshell... They don't exist. Nope - not there. Yep, it was a lie. Though many Tiger Direct Inner Circle Representatives have been telling me that I just haven't been a member long enough to receive the special email, it was all a big lie. I've been a member now for half the year. I receive emails, that part is true...but I receive the same spam to my non-Inner Circle email as I do to my registered Inner Circle email. So I can now say, unequivocally, the whole "exclusive email deals for Inner Circle Members" is sham.

The only good you will get from the Inner Circle membership is free ground shipping. All that other mumbo jumbo about exclusive deals is bogus.

I have forwarded my complaint to the BBB and the AG's office concerning offering a product benefit and then not delivering on it.

joefourcorners

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

I just ordered from tiger direct also and they sent me the wrong computer, the one I ordered was a Dell 620 for $179 they sent my a Dell 420 which I believe costs about 124 and is a much smaller computer. I just shipped it back to them, we will see what happens. They told me for my troubles that they would give me a $20 gift certificate towards my next purchase but that turned out to be some kind of thing where I have to pay them so much money for a month and this and that, it sounds like a scam. We will see what happens if they send me my refund upon receiving the computer that I just sent back, I do not know if they just made a mistake or if they are a scam but I probably will not buy from them again.

jhecht

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
JW> your post is just an anonymous slander against TigerDirect.com.

There's no need to 'slander' Tiger Direct - just Google 'problems with Tiger Direct' and read the enormous number of complaints online! And no, dear TD employee, I won't give you my info either. But here's a hint, I'm a pro computer tech, and I know a rip-off company when I see one...

n46krb

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

This is an old post but I hate tigerdirect. I don't order from them too often. Only if it's a real good deal and sometimes they have good deals on bundles. But their customer service and shipping absolutely SUCK.

Mike Dickerson

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
My Experience with TD's online help chat system. 20 Minutes later..

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.

Styme

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
They can claim they sent you an item because package was delivered , contact your Credit Card , even those that work in stock and shipping companies are thieves

kevinoue

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
I'm glad I found this thread. Today after waiting a week to receive window pro OEM disc I received a yellow envelope in the mail with nothing in it other than a packing, 100 dollar coupon for wine, and a 15 dollar paypal card swipe coupon.

I called them immediately and they said they have to do a trace to see if their weight matched the post offices weight. I figured no problem then. Being that it is Friday, I have to wait until Monday for them to start to look into it. I asked who sends out a envelope and doesn't make sure it's got the contents? He replied human error.
You people who think this guy is lying are stupid. Why would he go through the trouble of ranting about it if he was trying to scam them? Also why in the world would he want to put his contact information on this site for spammers to take advantage of?

Say what you want but I've dealt with tiger since 2003 and have had more problems with them than not. Why do I continue to do so? First, I too wonder how unlikely the chances are of being screwed over multiple times so I figure it can't happen again. Secondly. They are in Illinois, and shipping takes one maybe two days.
Rest assured I will never be ordering from this company as long as I am breathing and i will do everything possible to steer my customers to the competition.
What's even worse is their shipping labels are pre printed and the exact weight doesn't necessarily reflect what's in the package. If it did. I wouldn't be writing this reply. Someone would have caught it in the way out.
i just hope that they are honest in their findings and send me my product asap. But from what I've seen of this company through the years this isn't over. I've ordered thousands of items from them since 2003. I commend this guy for starting this thread. It exposes tiger and if more people that were told they were s.o.l. had a way to "vent" their frustrations maybe less people would believe tiger is the best company around and maybe tiger would want to adjust their procedures to make sure things like this don't happen. Because it does. And I'm not leaving my contact info because I'm not stupid. However my name is Kevin Ouellette and i live in Michigan. And I have nothing to hide.