Sign in with
Your question

How do repair Intel Matrix RAID 5 failed config? Help!

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
November 15, 2008 5:15:49 PM

I have 4 HDs and Im utilizing Intel Matrix Storage Technology, wich lets you paritition your drives for RAID, therefore, my HDS are configured in:

RAID 5 (all 4)
RAID 0 (all 4)

After 3 months, the status for RAID 5 is failed (It has the windows and important stuff) while the status for RAID ) is OK. Is it a har drive problem, a motherboard problem or windows problem? In any case, I cant boot into windows and Im afraid I may lose everything. I alredy tried changing each hard drive and it doenst boot into windows. I need help.

PS: Im thinkg of sending my drives to some data recovery company and starting from scratch, does any one know of a place I can recover data without having to rob a bank first?

January 6, 2009 6:17:25 PM

How did you do with this?
April 12, 2009 1:08:11 AM

I too have the same question.

Anyone know where I can send my 4 drives in to have them rebuild the RAID 5 table so data is not lost.

Related resources
a b G Storage
May 13, 2009 1:20:26 AM

You wont believe this, I was able to restore the RAID 5 and recover everything. How? I bougght a cheap/used IDE Hard Drive, installed windows on it and then intel matrix techonology, when I rebooted, Intel matrix did everything automaticaly.

You have to make all updates beofre installing intel matrix.
August 31, 2009 3:37:25 AM

leandrodafontoura-

Great tip! You saved what would have been a failed array. I did the same; loaded XP on a separate HD with all of the updates/etc and the Intel Matrix Storage Manager did the rest. I didn't even have to make the array bootable (thought for sure I would). It rebuilt everything, I unplugged the temp HD, and everything worked on reboot. Thanks!

BTW: Several thread pointing at the Intel Matrix Storage Manager v8.9 causing much havoc. I can personally attest and have downgraded back to v8.8.

!