Windows XP Disc Checking Stuck

Yedya

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
Ok so i got tuneup utilites and i performed and disc check,pc rebooted and left it on overnight.Came down the next morning and it was stuck on my 4th and last drive.Stuck on step [4 of 5] @ 18%
So i rebooted my pc via the button.Pc started up,it went to the checking disc menu and i tryed to skip it "Windows is checking for disc errors,press anykey to skip" I pressed any key and it didnt skip it!

So left it on while I was at school.Came back was stuck again!

All i want to do is skip the disc checking so i can get into windows and turn it off!

Any ideas? :D

Would be great if someone knew a fix first this :hello:

You got tune up utilities? they did not work very well did they?
Your tune up utilities were malware that attacked you computer?

A. Obtain high quality anti virus disk, Norton and Panda are two that will work, there may be others, make sure internet is connected, insert disk in drive, start computer, disk will update, scan and neutralize virus in many cases. If virus is detected, the security you are using now did not work very well?

B. Install hard drive in another XP computer, which has high quality anti virus installed, use functional computer to scan and repair damaged drive. Use functional computer to backup your personal files from the damaged disk, it usually works. Put your back ups on CD or DVD, or an online backup service such as Mozy, the first 2 GB are free.

C. If high quality updated virus scan shows negative, use original operating system disk to do repair install of XP operating system, without reformatting the drive, does not erase your personal files. Use your original system and hardware disks to load drivers after you repair install, if needed. The directions are posted in Tom's XP forum, fourth post from the top. If you do not have all your drivers, you may need to download them from the manufacturer's website. Use only drivers provided by the manufacturer, do not use drivers offered by other sources.

D. In case the repair install does not work, if a virus is un- removable, follow directions in (B) above to back up your personal files, use an XP disk to reformat the drive, and do a fresh install. Load drivers as described in (C), load your backed up files, resume driving.

And now your moment of Zen, a quote from Google:
"Google says its automated scans of the Internet recently turned up malware on roughly 300,000 Web sites, double the number it recorded two years ago. Each site can contain many infected pages. Meanwhile, Malware doubled last year, to 240 million unique attacks, according to Symantec, a maker of security software. And that does not count the scourge of fake antivirus software and other scams".
Don't forget the fake system cleaners, and other utilities that unfortunate people download and run.