IDE Hard Drive Problem

xxbrian0828xx

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Hi, I have a sata 74 gb raptor drive with xp pro 32 os on it. I took the jumper off the seagate 200gb st320082 hard drive and installed it just for extra storage. Since I did that I have 2 things going on. First is before boot it shows the hard drive in blue under jmicron and says click to continue why is this happening? How to get rid of that? Next is sometimes my system will freeze at the windows logo when starting up if I reboot it then it works fine. So it has to be the ide hard drive causing a problem never had one until adding it. Is it just incompatible? I can buy a sata hdd instead but figured this was free out of an older system. Also in the bios the ide shows as the second drive not first. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

My specs

p5k-e
e6750
2x2gb g.skill
8600gts
550w psu
74gb raptor
200gb seagate st320082

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
From memory the P5K-e has a Jmicron controller than controls the IDE port and eSATA ports. This can be configured as IDE, SATA (AHCI) or RAID (i believe)... If you are only running a single IDE drive off it , it should be set as IDE. Although this will still appear on boot it shouldnt require you to press any key to continue. As for the Windows logo screen halting this could have something to do with the incorrect drivers installed if you have the option set to RAID or SATA changing to IDE should hopefully resolve this issue also.

xxbrian0828xx

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Thanks for the response. I did have it set to IDE . Also all my drivers are up to date. I will try an older version to see if that makes any difference.

TRENDING THREADS