Win 7 not compatible with Dell Dimension C521 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmosy

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Has anyone been successful in loading Win 7 on the Dell Dimension C521 or any Dimension ?
Thanks...
Ron

Rmosy

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
When attempting to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7, after 2 hours the upgrade fails with the message “This version of Windows could not be installed, Your previous version of Windows has been restored.

I ran the compatibility download test from Microsoft and it did not inform me of any serious problems !!!

Rmosy

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Error report only has programs that might not work. This should not prevent the install.................
These programs might not work properly after the upgrade. We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel, and search for "uninstall a program". (Note: Programs marked as * can be safely reinstalled after the upgrade.)
PhotoDeluxe Home Edition 3.x
PhotoStudio
nVidia Display drivers/nView Desktop Manager (NVIDIA Drivers)
Also..............
I went to the Dell site and it does not show the Dimension as compatible with Win7 but does not indicate WHY.......

Actually, some of those systems of mine that failed the upgrade had to have the Mcafee AV Enterprise 8.5.0i client uninstalled before the upgrade would even begin. Windows 7 setup literally would not continue until Mcafee was completely removed.

Applications can prevent upgrades from occurring. Remove the applications the report indicates and try the upgrade again.

G

I have downloaded and have been using Windows7 for about a month. It has worked just fine until about 2 weeks ago. I have eliminated the problem down to the BIOS. the latest version of Dell BIOS for C521 is not compatible with Windows 7. I run the OS for about 30 minutes until it either freezes or slows WAAY down. I am waiting for Dell to update their driver software but not holding my breath. I would wait a while until all the hiccups are resolved.

G

i installed windows 7 64 bit edition on my demension c 521 the day 7 came out and i havent had any problems since. im not sure what could be the cause of your problems but i thought i would just throw this out lol

jacquekee

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Jacque Here, i did succees load Win7 to Dell Dimension C521. the step is only need update the the latest bios to your C521.

JpSeNa021

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

What drivers are you using.. im planning to install windows 7 on my c521 now.. but i haven't found any drivers for win7 - dell c521 any help?

NJBeast

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
My C521 would hang at the Windows 7 splash screen during install. Finally read elsewhere to remove 2GB RAM from 4GB setup so that system only had 2GB. Also change HDD performance in BIOS from BYPASS to Performance. Whatever it was, I am now able to finish loading Win7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts