Semiconductors Slide; AMD Trades in $6 Range

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
TC, I'm getting my invintory ready! I'm getting it all profesionaly audited and apraised so that by next month I'll be able to trade it for all outstanding AMD stock! And I'm warnin ya. When I'm CEO, I want respect on this board. Don't think you can slam me like you guys are doin to that wuss Hector! :)

wingless

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
Its almost time to buy AMD stock. I'm poor but I'll still try to buy 100 shares for ~$500 LOL! When they're stock gets back to $10 sometime mid to late 2008 I'll build a new AMD (if their new stuff is out) or Nehalem system with my profits.

sailer

Splendid

My concern is deepening as well. Fortunately, AMD itself is not tied to its stock value, only the investors. I'm very glad that I dumped the last stock I had back when it was at $9.63. I do keep wondering, when is the right time to buy back in?

Hey buddy, ya got a dime? I want to by some AMD stock. No wait, Hector should be out on the street with the tin cup.

sailer

Splendid
We can now only wait and see what happens tomorrow, but at this rate, it won't be long until we'll be discussing AMD in the 5's. Then again, if the economy as a whole keeps diving, AMD in the 5's may not look too bad.

Yeah, a very bad time for the semiconductor industry. As money gets tight, people find that they can hold onto their old computer a bit longer.

sailer

Splendid
At that point of time, I would say yes. But I would note that I'm getting slaughtered across all my stocks; energy, banking, appliances, metals, heavy industry, etc. :cry:

Its enough to drive a man to drink. That reminds me. I need to go to the store for some supplies. The weatherman says we're in for a bad storm tonight that might last for 3 or 4 days, with winds up to 150 MPH and snow up to 8 feet deep.

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007

Just a quarter away from that now, TC. 26 more cents and it's fives. This is like rubernecking at a plane crash.

Edit: Marketh the words of NostAMDamus: The Blue Machine will issue forth its Wolves and Yorks in Januarius to shoreth up its stocketh, bringing the final woe to the Greenery!

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007

Yeah, but most stocks can afford a corection. AMD has already done a faceplant and there aint much more to go. I say that it won't be a month and Hector is gonna be caried out in a guerney just like Britney! :pt1cable:

sailer

Splendid
Hector's contract isn't up until April, so he gets paid no matter what.

And the autioneer's voice shouts out, "For AMD stock. Do I hear 7, 7, 7. What about 6, 6 is a real bargain. 5, 5, anybody? Isn't anybody going to bid at all?"

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007

Could be worse. Cleveland Biolabs went from $8 to $3. I'm sure that Hector is loking at that stock rite now and saying that AMD's fall is not so bad!

Anyone for A Great Depression Part II? After all, I think some poeple are waking up to the reality that the world's economy cant stay afloat in $100 oil!

sailer

Splendid

No, it may look bad at the moment, but this is nothing like the Great Depression. The stocks are still very high. Now if the market fell from 12,900 area to the 1,200, then we would be in deep trouble. Then again, I'm old enough to remember when the Dow was in the 600's. We're just so used to seeing high numbers that we've become spoiled.

As to oil, if it was adjusted properly for inflation, it would possibly be closer to $200 a barrel, maybe higher. Again, we're spoiled. I currently pay about $3 a gallon. My niece, who lives in Italy, pays over $10 a gallon. Not that I want to pay such high prices, but I try to keep things in perspective.

G

Maybe by the time I get my income tax refund I'll invest it in AMD. Was planning to invest it somehow...

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007

The last time I filled my rental car's tank outside of Gatwick I paid US$11.08 a gallon. That has nothing to do with the cost of petrolium. It's 80% taxes! The EU gredy bastards are sucking that continent dry!

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002

I really wish you people would stop looking at AMD at these levels as an investment. It is not an investment, it is an outright gamble at best. You folks should should just take all your money to Vegas. You will have just as good odds of coming out ahead, and even if you do lose all your money, you at least had a good time in the process.