Gigabyte P35C-DS3R, Memory or CPU - Problem!

martinuk

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
Hi,

Cutting a long story short:

A few days ago a noticed my system started blue screening a lot with "Memory Error" (or something to that effect). Sometimes programs would randomly start crashing first but before long the inevitable blue screen would come along. I immediately pulled out my memtest86 CD and tested my 4 Gig of ram (Corsair CM2X1024-6400c5DHX x 4) - not to my surprise, memtest reported that the RAM was giving errors. I tested each and ever stick individually in every available DIMM slot and still got the errors reported.

So i thought the problem was obvious - and bought myself 4 Gig more of RAM (OCZ 1024 6400 Platinum XTC x 4). Now i have just installed this and low-and-behold memtest is still reporting memory errors. Also i ran Prime95 and it errored out after 15 minutes indicating that there is something going wrong somewhere!

So could anyone give me a clue as what to do now? Is there anything more i can do to diagnose this or is it time to start replacing things en mass? (And no unfortunately i dont have a spare Mobo/CPU to test with :( )

Here's my specs:

CPU Q6600 (g0) - previously i did have it very mildly overclocked to about 2.6GHz but i pray this cant have hurt it.
Cooler - Thermalright Ultra-120
Mobo: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
GFX : 8800 GTS 640
PSU: Corsair HX 520W
RAM : As mentioned in my text above.

Thanks very much for any help! Really not looking forward to pot luck buying things to fix this.

martinuk

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
I have tried with 2.1v + 2.2v and am still getting memory errors. Any ideas for other things i can try?

Thanks.

brad84

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2008
I'm having a similiar problem with the same board. I'm running 4x1GB of OCZ 1066 ram (Gigabyte says that it's compatible.) and when I run memtest I get a lot of errors. I've tested all of my ram individually and it all gets errors.

ALSO, the system will only get past post with all 4GB in when they are set to 800 instead of 1066....but the system will crash a few moments after being in windows.

I'm thinking about RMAing the board back to Newegg.....does anybody have any ideas?

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Yes im having the same bloody error good dam mobo, tested in mem86 in a amd msi x64 mobo and it works but in my mobo ERROR attack, even gigabyte when i contacted them said the memory i have should work 100%, when in the memory setting area on the bios the (cl) wont go to 7 and i have 7-7-7-20 rated 1066 kingston ddr2 ram.

Did you guys find a fix for this crappy error log?