LOTR - The Battle For Middle Earth

Last response: in Video Games
December 10, 2004 2:26:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

It's okay...

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
> It's okay...

?

The book?

The video?

A game?

OT?

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 6:14:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:32:19 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>The book?
>
>The video?
>
>A game?
>
>OT?

Game. RTS, to be more exact...

--
byerstheoblivious
December 11, 2004 12:43:56 AM

> >The book?
> >The video?
> >A game?
> >OT?
> Game. RTS, to be more exact...

Is it as engaging as watching the movie?

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 7:59:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:43:56 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>> Game. RTS, to be more exact...
>
>Is it as engaging as watching the movie?

Not so much. The characters are somewhat tinier...

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:18:54 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>> Well, there is dialogue. Some, at least.
>
>Is it like War III, a mission, mission mission movie . . . ?

Well, less of the movie parts...Face it, you've already seen that
already, so it's more like mission, mission, mission...
But you do get to play on the side of evil and whack those pesky
little hobbits.

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

> >> Well, there is dialogue. Some, at least.
> >
> >Is it like War III, a mission, mission mission movie . . . ?
>
> Well, less of the movie parts...Face it, you've already seen that
> already, so it's more like mission, mission, mission...
> But you do get to play on the side of evil and whack those pesky
> little hobbits.

You have not succeeded in getting it higher on my list to buy than the
Rome/Caesar one

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 8:35:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:38:16 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>You have not succeeded in getting it higher on my list to buy than the
>Rome/Caesar one

Rome Total War is mindnumbingly boring. Don't get me wrong, it's an
excellently executed game with some very advanced levels of strategy,
but on the entertainment scale it's still found somewhere south of
watching paint dry. It's the kind of game for people who enjoy playing
both sides of a chess game.
It's also close to identical to Shogun and Medieval (the other Total
War games) with slightly updated graphics.

And it takes frickin' aeons to complete! If you over the course of the
next few years actually intend to do anything else with your time,
other than playing the game, you'll be lucky to have completed it
before the next one in the series is released. You will however lose
interest before you have the chance to test that theory...

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:20:17 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>Homeworld and Battlezone?

Other strategy games I've liked, and games that have been unique and
not just a rip-off of something else, as is the case with most game of
that genre.

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

> >Homeworld and Battlezone?
>
> Other strategy games I've liked, and games that have been unique and
> not just a rip-off of something else, as is the case with most game of
> that genre.

Do you recommend them to other people? (Such as myself?)

I do accept charity game donations

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 12:03:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:35:02 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>Hmm I'll look into it.
>
>You need to get an Athlon FX 55 with 4 Gb of ram, and at least a Geforce
>6800 Ultra, and 15k RPM SCSI hard drives, with a drink holder/DVD Burner

Meh, teh game ran fine on my computer at slightly less than max
graphics settings...

--
"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "Suupernuubie" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad

ICQ:65589349 MSN:ktwilson86@hotmail.com (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/ http://home.comcast.net/~ktwilson9999/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.6
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 10:05:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

In article <f9qtr0pnofse5cj61i3tl95bn1aah5teq1@4ax.com>, but only after
serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
keyboard and produced the following;
>All great strategy games have a good storyline: Starcraft, Warcraft
>2/3, Homeworld, Battlezone...

And the C&C, RA and Dune series of games. Of the games you listed, only
Homeworld comes close to them.

--
Cheers,

Chas.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination".
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 2:40:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:05:16 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>And the C&C, RA and Dune series of games. Of the games you listed, only
>Homeworld comes close to them.

*lmao*

Good one, Chassie.

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

In article <6rtjs0hcqbrgo5qdln3h7is9fhlbdi4hrb@4ax.com>, but only after
serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
keyboard and produced the following;
>On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:05:16 +0000, The Arcane Chas
><Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>And the C&C, RA and Dune series of games. Of the games you listed, only
>>Homeworld comes close to them.
>
>*lmao*
>
>Good one, Chassie.

Well, we *were* speaking about story line - not game play.

(I won't re-open the "debates" that we had on the subject of game play).
;-}

--
Cheers,

Chas.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination".
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 6:28:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:13:30 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>Good one, Chassie.
>
>Well, we *were* speaking about story line - not game play.
>
>(I won't re-open the "debates" that we had on the subject of game play).
>;-}

Hah, like the storylines are any better. It's absurd nonsense devoid
of intelligence in any way, shape or form.

Laughable plot containing (among other equally embarrassing things)
time travel, commies and spice? Check. Cardboard characters armed with
sinister looks, silly hats and eye patches, and a plot to, wait for
it, take over the world? Check. Hideous and pathetic (voice) acting
with B-movie rejects feeding us the nonsense? Check.

Honestly, if you think this is what intelligent and rich storylines
are made of, I can't help but wonder what it is you stuff your pipe
with. :p

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:59:07 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Better than the cartoon characters of which you seem to be so fond. ;-}

Your smiley seems to suggest your comment was either smart, insightful
or mildly insulting. Seeing as how it failed to be either one of those
things, we have established that your smiley was superfluous.

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:55:29 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Better than the cartoon characters of which you seem to be so fond. ;-}
>>
>>Your smiley seems to suggest your comment was either smart, insightful
>>or mildly insulting. Seeing as how it failed to be either one of those
>>things, we have established that your smiley was superfluous.
>
>Ah yes - the old "snip away the evidence and then pretend it didn't
>exist" ploy. ;-}

Seeing as how I snipped nothing of the post to which I was replying,
we have no established that you have run out of clever retorts, but
have not let that stop you from opening your yap. :p

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

"The Arcane Chas" <Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <6rtjs0hcqbrgo5qdln3h7is9fhlbdi4hrb@4ax.com>, but only after
> serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
> keyboard and produced the following;
>>On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:05:16 +0000, The Arcane Chas
>><Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>And the C&C, RA and Dune series of games. Of the games you listed, only
>>>Homeworld comes close to them.
>>
>>*lmao*
>>
>>Good one, Chassie.

lol

> Well, we *were* speaking about story line - not game play.

Dune perhaps, but trying to squeeze in RA and C&C? You're pushing your luck
a bit too far... ;)

> (I won't re-open the "debates" that we had on the subject of game play).
> ;-}

What the heck, open it up for old times sake?
--
Steven Ung
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:02:23 +0800, "Steven Ung"
<steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:

>> (I won't re-open the "debates" that we had on the subject of game play).
>> ;-}
>
>What the heck, open it up for old times sake?

It wouldn't do much good. I'm afraid those Westwood fanboys are
chronically deluded.

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

> In article <e2rls0di5rhjqms5lp2obi5pc7fi1rogvv@4ax.com>, but only after
> serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
> keyboard and produced the following;
>>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:59:07 +0000, The Arcane Chas
>><Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>Better than the cartoon characters of which you seem to be so fond. ;-}
>>
>>Your smiley seems to suggest your comment was either smart, insightful
>>or mildly insulting. Seeing as how it failed to be either one of those
>>things, we have established that your smiley was superfluous.
>
> Ah yes - the old "snip away the evidence and then pretend it didn't
> exist" ploy. ;-}

You do that everytime, we're just following your footsteps :-D
--
Steven Ung
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

In article <0mfms0lre3ju0d03h2a76cp6r5i24ptamt@4ax.com>, but only after
serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
keyboard and produced the following;

>>>Your smiley seems to suggest your comment was either smart, insightful
>>>or mildly insulting. Seeing as how it failed to be either one of those
>>>things, we have established that your smiley was superfluous.
>>
>>Ah yes - the old "snip away the evidence and then pretend it didn't
>>exist" ploy. ;-}
>
>Seeing as how I snipped nothing of the post to which I was replying,
>we have no established that you have run out of clever retorts,

You're quite right - you *have* "no established" anything.

> but
>have not let that stop you from opening your yap. :p

;-}

--
Cheers,

Chas.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination".
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 11:47:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

In article <33182qF3r77bbU1@individual.net>, but only after serious
contemplation, Steven Ung <steven@nodomainname.com> put finger to
keyboard and produced the following;
>"The Arcane Chas" <Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> (I won't re-open the "debates" that we had on the subject of game play).
>> ;-}
>
>What the heck, open it up for old times sake?

I'll let you look them up on Googol.

--
Cheers,

Chas.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination".
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 2:04:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:45:47 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>Seeing as how I snipped nothing of the post to which I was replying,
>>we have no established that you have run out of clever retorts,
>
>You're quite right - you *have* "no established" anything.

And seeing as how "no established" doesn't make any kind of literal
sense, and that "now established" is obviously the real meaning
inherent in the sentence, we have now established that you are
grasping for straws and trying divert attention away from your lack of
effective retorts.

>> but
>>have not let that stop you from opening your yap. :p
>
>;-}

I'm glad we agree on something.

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

In article <W6W1O0AcBIzBFwHo@the-arcane.demon.co.uk>, but only after
serious contemplation, The Arcane Chas <Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> put
finger to keyboard and produced the following;
>In article <33182qF3r77bbU1@individual.net>, but only after serious
>contemplation, Steven Ung <steven@nodomainname.com> put finger to
>keyboard and produced the following;
>>"The Arcane Chas" <Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> (I won't re-open the "debates" that we had on the subject of game play).
>>> ;-}
>>
>>What the heck, open it up for old times sake?
>
>I'll let you look them up on Googol.
...................................^^

LOL - never let a spell-checker auto correct your posts.

--
Cheers,

Chas.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination".
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 8:14:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 02:46:49 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>we have now established that you are
>>grasping for straws and trying divert attention away from your lack of
>>effective retorts.
>
>Yet again you fail (miserably) in your attempt to establish anything of
>the sort.

No, it's already been established. Do try to keep up.

>>I'm glad we agree on something.
>
>If only that you need to try harder.

It seems as though we are still at that oh so familiar stage where
Chas utters one of his nonsensical one-liners and hopes nobody
realizes that he hasn't really said anything worthwhile since the
start of the thread. :p

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 02:48:11 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>I'll let you look them up on Googol.
>..................................^^
>
>LOL - never let a spell-checker auto correct your posts.

I was kinda wondering if we had a Chas impersonator in our midst...

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

In article <eipps05sdu341m0aa0962tjve6a038l89f@4ax.com>, but only after
serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
keyboard and produced the following;
>On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 02:46:49 +0000, The Arcane Chas
><Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>>we have now established that you are
>>>grasping for straws and trying divert attention away from your lack of
>>>effective retorts.
>>
>>Yet again you fail (miserably) in your attempt to establish anything of
>>the sort.
>
>No, it's already been established. Do try to keep up.

Only in your (feeble) mind. :-}

>>>I'm glad we agree on something.
>>
>>If only that you need to try harder.
>
>It seems as though we are still at that oh so familiar stage where
>Chas utters one of his nonsensical one-liners and hopes nobody
>realizes that he hasn't really said anything worthwhile since the
>start of the thread. :p

I think that, in the spirit of Christmas, I'll allow the "audience" to
decide on the worthiness of our respective comments.

(Always assuming that anyone else has been sad enough to follow this
thread to this point).

--
Cheers,

Chas.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination".
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 1:05:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:50:10 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>>As I suspected. Nothing in that which contradicts "feeble". ;-}
>>
>>Convoluted
>>Function: adjective
>>1 : having convolutions
>>2 : INVOLVED, INTRICATE
>
>Primary definitions (in this instance) take precedence. :-}

Bah, I never thought I'd have to teach you English, but that does seem
to be the case.

>>>Do I detect a little concern about the likely outcome?
>>
>>Quite possibly. People, as a rule, are stupid.
>
>Good campaigning tactic - call your potential supporters stupid.
>
>(Even if it *is* true). ;-}

Hah! You did it too! :p
I'm beginning to think that we're just not cut out for this kind of
work...
Or in my case, just work in general...

>>>Good point - time to cast your votes guys.
>>
>>I would like to bring to everyone's attention that my adversary is old
>>and worn and might not make it through the winter. Is that really the
>>kind of man you'd wish to depend upon? No offense intended, of course.
>
>This may all be true - but I'm cute. ;-}

Photographic evidence suggests otherwise. :p

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt; and realizing that it's a
small world after all, The Arcane Chas <Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> said:

>In article <5j9us0tcv4r0qb5sniinr1obchucleufvo@4ax.com>, but only after
>serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
>keyboard and produced the following;
>>On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:50:10 +0000, The Arcane Chas
>><Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>>This may all be true - but I'm cute. ;-}
>>
>>Photographic evidence suggests otherwise. :p
>
>Fakes! All of them - fakes!

I think the "official" term is "Photoshoped"
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:39:33 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>Photographic evidence suggests otherwise. :p
>
>Fakes! All of them - fakes!

Originated from you, I might add. :p

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:31:31 GMT, jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:

>>>Photographic evidence suggests otherwise. :p
>>
>>Fakes! All of them - fakes!
>
>I think the "official" term is "Photoshoped"

To look less cute?

--
byerstheoblivious
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

In article <17jvs0dqkbgn5tegvcpiv626hk0bs0rve2@4ax.com>, but only after
serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
keyboard and produced the following;
>On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:39:33 +0000, The Arcane Chas
><Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>>Photographic evidence suggests otherwise. :p
>>
>>Fakes! All of them - fakes!
>
>Originated from you, I might add. :p

Damn - busted! :-}

--
Cheers,

Chas.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination".
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 12:52:25 PM

> In article <33182qF3r77bbU1@individual.net>, but only after serious
> contemplation, Steven Ung <steven@nodomainname.com> put finger to
> keyboard and produced the following;
>>"The Arcane Chas" <Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> (I won't re-open the "debates" that we had on the subject of game play).
>>> ;-}
>>
>>What the heck, open it up for old times sake?
>
> I'll let you look them up on Googol.

LOL
--
Steven Ung
Anonymous

> In article <ljrrs09l4v44ccbotisvaef8omr4013e33@4ax.com>, but only after
> serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
> keyboard and produced the following;
>>On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:39:38 +0000, The Arcane Chas
>><Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>This is AGSC. What, I ask, can we depend upon if not sadness?
>
> Good point - time to cast your votes guys.

.... Of who will be voted off this week?
--
Steven Ung
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:55:47 +0800, "Steven Ung"
<steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:

>> Good point - time to cast your votes guys.
>
>... Of who will be voted off this week?

Please let it be me, please let it be me...

--
byerstheoblivious
!