Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

argh! toshiba or samsung dlp?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 1, 2005 9:26:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I was all set to get the 62HM84 Toshiba dlp set, then an ISF guy suggested I
look at the new Samsungs. ARGH. Help!
What to get???
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 1, 2005 10:52:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Not any an easy choice; I struggled before I decided on Samsung specifcally,
the HLP5685. Decision based on price and model availablity. If you are going
to go with Toshiba I do recommend the HMX84 series rather than the HM84.
Also decision depends on which samsung series you are considering.


"Henry Cabot Henhouse III" <sooper_chicken@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:laGdnZnM17OvzwPfRVn-oA@mpowercom.net...
>I was all set to get the 62HM84 Toshiba dlp set, then an ISF guy suggested
>I look at the new Samsungs. ARGH. Help!
> What to get???
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 2, 2005 12:49:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I love my 62hmx84

"Henry Cabot Henhouse III" <sooper_chicken@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:laGdnZnM17OvzwPfRVn-oA@mpowercom.net...
>I was all set to get the 62HM84 Toshiba dlp set, then an ISF guy suggested
>I look at the new Samsungs. ARGH. Help!
> What to get???
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 2, 2005 1:58:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I'll make it tougher and tell you to check out the Mitsubishi DLPs, I think
they are better than either of these two. :-)

bobukcat


"Henry Cabot Henhouse III" <sooper_chicken@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:laGdnZnM17OvzwPfRVn-oA@mpowercom.net...
> I was all set to get the 62HM84 Toshiba dlp set, then an ISF guy suggested
I
> look at the new Samsungs. ARGH. Help!
> What to get???
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 2, 2005 3:05:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Barry Martin" <barrymartin@sasktel.net> wrote

>...I do recommend the HMX84 series rather than the HM84.

Interesting, since the HM84 is on my short list. Could you give your
reasons?
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 2, 2005 9:52:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Suggest you checkout the reliability and service records of the items you
are selecting. Samsung's record lately has not been all that great. Yes,
they are attempting to boost the level of excellence regarding features and
design, however they still have service issues that frustrate even
professional techs.
"bobukcat" <bobukcat@killspam.fuse.net> wrote in message
news:612d$429e67b5$d844d3f6$6991@FUSE.NET...
> I'll make it tougher and tell you to check out the Mitsubishi DLPs, I
> think
> they are better than either of these two. :-)
>
> bobukcat
>
>
> "Henry Cabot Henhouse III" <sooper_chicken@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:laGdnZnM17OvzwPfRVn-oA@mpowercom.net...
>> I was all set to get the 62HM84 Toshiba dlp set, then an ISF guy
>> suggested
> I
>> look at the new Samsungs. ARGH. Help!
>> What to get???
>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 3, 2005 1:58:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

there isn't much difference picture/quality wise, none at all actually

hmx has 2 hdmi inputs, hm has 1, I like the look better, black frame around
the picture instead of dark grey, better remote

"Dave Gower" <davegow.removethis@magma.ca> wrote in message
news:36-dnVRM4pkd6gPfRVn-vQ@magma.ca...
>
> "Barry Martin" <barrymartin@sasktel.net> wrote
>
>>...I do recommend the HMX84 series rather than the HM84.
>
> Interesting, since the HM84 is on my short list. Could you give your
> reasons?
>
!