seeking advice about old graphics card with new lcd

eae

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an ATI All-In_Wonder 9000 Pro 64 mgs DDR tv tuner/video card that uses my 8/4/2X AGP slot though only at 2X I believe.

I now have a 22 inch LCD monitor (1680 x 1050)

I would like to watch the TV through the card at full screen resolution. If I do that, the picture is very blurry, though it's fine as a small desktop window.

Would upgrading my AIW graphics card make my analog tv signal at full screen less blurry? Or is the lack of resolution a product of the cable company's analog signal being displayed on my digital monitor?

Is that making any sense?

I understand that my system components are getting old, but as I am not into cutting edge games, they serve my current purpose well apart from the TV resolution issue. I don't want to buy a new graphics card if it won't improve my TV picture.

Any advice welcome.

My system - P4 2400 - XP Pro - 1 gig ram

Thanks
Eric

Wolfshadw

Titan
When a monitor is displaying a signal at less that it's native resolution in full screen, the monitor will scale from it's native resolution to match the input signal's resolution. So if the signal coming in has a resolution of 640x480, the monitor, when displaying the image at fullscreen, will change it's resolution to 640x480. Most, if not all, LCD monitors have problems displaying clear images at non-native resolutions.

-Wolf sends