Adding an item to "Send To" menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want to
add my Shared Documents folder...?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Search for it using windows search, advanced options, sendTo, then just add
what you want to the folder.

j;-)

"rwrede" wrote:

> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want to
> add my Shared Documents folder...?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:TsiEe.2936$U%6.411@fe05.lga,
rwrede <rwrede2@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

rwrede wrote:
> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I
> want to add my Shared Documents folder...?

Start --> Run -->
Type in:

SendTo

Click OK and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To" in
there.

If that doesn't work, go to "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\SendTo"
(making the obvious changes) and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be
able to "Send To" in there.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Thanks to you both!

> rwrede wrote:
>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I
>> want to add my Shared Documents folder...?
>
> Start --> Run -->
> Type in:
>
> SendTo
>
> Click OK and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To"
> in there.
>

> If that doesn't work, go to "C:\Documents and
> Settings\YOURUSERNAME\SendTo" (making the obvious changes) and copy a
> shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To" in there.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

map

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

The last time I gave this advice I was yelled at by that well known "Aussie"
for not making the poster find it for themselves. :)
I geuss I broke one of Davids rules for using the newsgroup!

Mike Pawlak

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> rwrede wrote:
>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I
>> want to add my Shared Documents folder...?
>
> Start --> Run -->
> Type in:
>
> SendTo
>
> Click OK and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send
> To" in there.
>

> If that doesn't work, go to "C:\Documents and
> Settings\YOURUSERNAME\SendTo" (making the obvious changes) and copy a
> shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To" in there.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Paul Hogan? ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:O8%235ZY4jFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
MAP <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> The last time I gave this advice I was yelled at by that well known
> "Aussie" for not making the poster find it for themselves. :)
> I geuss I broke one of Davids rules for using the newsgroup!
>
> Mike Pawlak
>

> Shenan Stanley wrote:
>> rwrede wrote:
>>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I
>>> want to add my Shared Documents folder...?
>>
>> Start --> Run -->
>> Type in:
>>
>> SendTo
>>
>> Click OK and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send
>> To" in there.
>>

>> If that doesn't work, go to "C:\Documents and
>> Settings\YOURUSERNAME\SendTo" (making the obvious changes) and copy a
>> shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To" in there.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Have you worked it out yet?

When you have add 'send to' to the 'send to' menu. In the future you'll be
able to add things to the 'send to' menu more easily, just choose 'send to'
'send to'.

"rwrede" <rwrede2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want
> to add my Shared Documents folder...?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Type in Help

add sendto

or

add send to

or

add item sendto

The terms are in their subject line.

Have you heard of the work of Americian psycologist Seligman
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%22learned+helplessness%22&meta=

Ethics require that help not be harmful.
"MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:O8%235ZY4jFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> The last time I gave this advice I was yelled at by that well known "Aussie"
> for not making the poster find it for themselves. :)
> I geuss I broke one of Davids rules for using the newsgroup!
>
> Mike Pawlak
>

> Shenan Stanley wrote:
>> rwrede wrote:
>>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I
>>> want to add my Shared Documents folder...?
>>
>> Start --> Run -->
>> Type in:
>>
>> SendTo
>>
>> Click OK and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send
>> To" in there.
>>

>> If that doesn't work, go to "C:\Documents and
>> Settings\YOURUSERNAME\SendTo" (making the obvious changes) and copy a
>> shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To" in there.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

This is references to a book on such ethical matters

http://www.google.com.au/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=%22helping+relationship%22+felix&meta=

The Government spent tens of thousands of dollars teaching me ethics.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:eNmM9V6jFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Type in Help

add sendto

or

add send to

or

add item sendto

The terms are in their subject line.

Have you heard of the work of Americian psycologist Seligman
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%22learned+helplessness%22&meta=

Ethics require that help not be harmful.
"MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:O8%235ZY4jFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> The last time I gave this advice I was yelled at by that well known "Aussie"
> for not making the poster find it for themselves. :)
> I geuss I broke one of Davids rules for using the newsgroup!
>
> Mike Pawlak
>

> Shenan Stanley wrote:
>> rwrede wrote:
>>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I
>>> want to add my Shared Documents folder...?
>>
>> Start --> Run -->
>> Type in:
>>
>> SendTo
>>
>> Click OK and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send
>> To" in there.
>>

>> If that doesn't work, go to "C:\Documents and
>> Settings\YOURUSERNAME\SendTo" (making the obvious changes) and copy a
>> shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To" in there.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP

map

David Candy wrote:
> This is references to a book on such ethical matters

http://www.google.com.au/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=%22helping+relationship%22+felix&meta=

> The Government spent tens of thousands of dollars teaching me ethics.

Two years ago in the "customize" group I asked a ?. Basically does anyone
know of a program that does.....XYZ (their was one for win 98 but it did not
work on XP). Your responce was that I go to school and learn programing,then
write my own program.Please tell my how that was helpful or ethical?

Mike Pawlak

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

That a stupid thing to say. It will move or copy files there, probably not what the person wanted.

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message news:dbtsot$c2b$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Have you worked it out yet?
>
> When you have add 'send to' to the 'send to' menu. In the future you'll be
> able to add things to the 'send to' menu more easily, just choose 'send to'
> 'send to'.
>

> "rwrede" <rwrede2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want
>> to add my Shared Documents folder...?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

It is you that is saying the stupid thing- it works on this machine, and on
every other machine I've added it to. It can be useful (for example) if you
have several graphics programs installed- Windows links a file extension to
one of them- this way you can choose which one you use.

Would you like to make even more stupid comments based on things you have no
experience of?

That a stupid thing to say. It will move or copy files there, probably not
what the person wanted.

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
> Have you worked it out yet?
>
> When you have add 'send to' to the 'send to' menu. In the future you'll be
> able to add things to the 'send to' menu more easily, just choose 'send
> to'
> 'send to'.
>

> "rwrede" <rwrede2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want
>> to add my Shared Documents folder...?

Shane

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

You need to create shortcuts and send them to sendto.

Shane

> It is you that is saying the stupid thing- it works on this machine, and
> on every other machine I've added it to. It can be useful (for example) if
> you have several graphics programs installed- Windows links a file
> extension to one of them- this way you can choose which one you use.
>
> Would you like to make even more stupid comments based on things you have
> no experience of?
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> That a stupid thing to say. It will move or copy files there, probably not
> what the person wanted.

> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
>> Have you worked it out yet?
>>
>> When you have add 'send to' to the 'send to' menu. In the future you'll
>> be
>> able to add things to the 'send to' menu more easily, just choose 'send
>> to'
>> 'send to'.
>>

>> "rwrede" <rwrede2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want
>>> to add my Shared Documents folder...?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

That's the problem with MVP's, if they don't know nothing then it's wrong.

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
> It is you that is saying the stupid thing- it works on this machine, and
> on every other machine I've added it to. It can be useful (for example) if
> you have several graphics programs installed- Windows links a file
> extension to one of them- this way you can choose which one you use.
>
> Would you like to make even more stupid comments based on things you have
> no experience of?
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> That a stupid thing to say. It will move or copy files there, probably not
> what the person wanted.

> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
>> Have you worked it out yet?
>>
>> When you have add 'send to' to the 'send to' menu. In the future you'll
>> be
>> able to add things to the 'send to' menu more easily, just choose 'send
>> to'
>> 'send to'.
>>

>> "rwrede" <rwrede2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want
>>> to add my Shared Documents folder...?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I didn't give the full process in the first post, I made the mistake of
thinking people had some intelligence to apply to this which doesn't seem to
be the case for one of the posters.

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You need to create shortcuts and send them to sendto.
>

> Shane
>

> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
>> It is you that is saying the stupid thing- it works on this machine, and
>> on every other machine I've added it to. It can be useful (for example)
>> if you have several graphics programs installed- Windows links a file
>> extension to one of them- this way you can choose which one you use.
>>
>> Would you like to make even more stupid comments based on things you have
>> no experience of?
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> That a stupid thing to say. It will move or copy files there, probably
>> not what the person wanted.
>>
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
>>> Have you worked it out yet?
>>>
>>> When you have add 'send to' to the 'send to' menu. In the future you'll
>>> be
>>> able to add things to the 'send to' menu more easily, just choose 'send
>>> to'
>>> 'send to'.
>>>

>>> "rwrede" <rwrede2@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

As I said you don't know what you are talking about.

Experiment.

Add a shortcut to Sendto in Sendto. Right click any folder or file and choose Send To - Send To. The item will be copied to the sendto folder. This is not something that anyone would want and nor is it the effect that you claim it has. One needs to hold down Ctrl + Shift while sending to sendto.

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message news:dbtv9s$f73$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> It is you that is saying the stupid thing- it works on this machine, and on
> every other machine I've added it to. It can be useful (for example) if you
> have several graphics programs installed- Windows links a file extension to
> one of them- this way you can choose which one you use.
>
> Would you like to make even more stupid comments based on things you have no
> experience of?
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> That a stupid thing to say. It will move or copy files there, probably not
> what the person wanted.

> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
>> Have you worked it out yet?
>>
>> When you have add 'send to' to the 'send to' menu. In the future you'll be
>> able to add things to the 'send to' menu more easily, just choose 'send
>> to'
>> 'send to'.
>>

>> "rwrede" <rwrede2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want
>>> to add my Shared Documents folder...?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

The original post wasn't aimed at you. Please feel free to ignore it if it's
too hard for your limited intelligence to follow.

As I said you don't know what you are talking about.

Experiment.

Add a shortcut to Sendto in Sendto. Right click any folder or file and
choose Send To - Send To. The item will be copied to the sendto folder. This
is not something that anyone would want and nor is it the effect that you
claim it has. One needs to hold down Ctrl + Shift while sending to sendto.

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
> It is you that is saying the stupid thing- it works on this machine, and
> on
> every other machine I've added it to. It can be useful (for example) if
> you
> have several graphics programs installed- Windows links a file extension
> one of them- this way you can choose which one you use.
>
> Would you like to make even more stupid comments based on things you have
> no
> experience of?
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> That a stupid thing to say. It will move or copy files there, probably not
> what the person wanted.

> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
>> Have you worked it out yet?
>>
>> When you have add 'send to' to the 'send to' menu. In the future you'll
>> be
>> able to add things to the 'send to' menu more easily, just choose 'send
>> to'
>> 'send to'.
>>

>> "rwrede" <rwrede2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want
>>> to add my Shared Documents folder...?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Don't give advice that is harmful.

> How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270
This info from the website above is useless for WXP-Home/SP2. You get an
error when you type sendto in the Start/Run box. So that doesn't work.

And the information below - that doesn't work either. I can't delete
anything from the SendTo folder as it still shows up in the sendto menu on
right click even when it's no longer in the folder. Adding things to that
folder don't work either, as they DO NOT show up on right click. How are
things added in WXP-Home/Sp2 ?

FS~

To add a destination to the Send To menu, you must add a shortcut to the
SendTo folder. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then
click Run.
2. In the Open box, type sendto, and then click OK.
3. Add a destination by doing one of the following: • Use the
drag-and-drop operation to move the item that you want to the SendTo folder;
to do so, right-click, and then click Create Shortcuts Here.
-or-
• Point to New on the File menu, and then click Shortcut.

=============================
Follow the instructions in the Create Shortcut Wizard.
A new shortcut is created in the SendTo folder, and it is displayed on
the Send To menu.
NOTE: To open the SendTo Folder, you can also perform the following steps:
1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. Double-click the drive where Windows is installed (usually drive C,
unless you have more than one drive on your computer).
3. If you cannot view the items on your drive when you open it, under
System Tasks, click Show the contents of this drive.
4. Double-click the Documents and Settings folder.
5. Double-click the folder of the user whose SendTo menu you want to
change (usually your own).
6. Double-click the SendTo folder.
7. The SendTo folder is hidden by default. If the folder is not
visible, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then on the View tab,
click Show hidden files and folders.

"~ FreeSpirit ~" <spammenot@nospam.net> wrote in message

>> How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270
> This info from the website above is useless for WXP-Home/SP2. You get an
> error when you type sendto in the Start/Run box. So that doesn't work.
>
> And the information below - that doesn't work either. I can't delete
> anything from the SendTo folder as it still shows up in the sendto menu on
> right click even when it's no longer in the folder. Adding things to that
> folder don't work either, as they DO NOT show up on right click. How are
> things added in WXP-Home/Sp2 ?
>
> FS~
>

> To add a destination to the Send To menu, you must add a shortcut to the
> SendTo folder. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then
> click Run.
> 2. In the Open box, type sendto, and then click OK.
> 3. Add a destination by doing one of the following: • Use the
> drag-and-drop operation to move the item that you want to the SendTo
> folder; to do so, right-click, and then click Create Shortcuts Here.
> -or-
> • Point to New on the File menu, and then click Shortcut.
>
> =============================
> Follow the instructions in the Create Shortcut Wizard.
> A new shortcut is created in the SendTo folder, and it is displayed
> on the Send To menu.
> NOTE: To open the SendTo Folder, you can also perform the following steps:
> 1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
> 2. Double-click the drive where Windows is installed (usually drive
> C, unless you have more than one drive on your computer).
> 3. If you cannot view the items on your drive when you open it, under
> System Tasks, click Show the contents of this drive.
> 4. Double-click the Documents and Settings folder.
> 5. Double-click the folder of the user whose SendTo menu you want to
> change (usually your own).
> 6. Double-click the SendTo folder.
> 7. The SendTo folder is hidden by default. If the folder is not
> visible, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then on the View
> tab, click Show hidden files and folders.

What error are you getting?
Are you using an administrator account?
Each user has a SendTo folder. Do you have more than one user?
--
Ron Sommer

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Ok, How many Sendto folders do you find in the search window? My user account
is in the Admin group, my folder is for me, my name on a user account. On my
system I get 6 sendto folders total and I just find mine, it works fine. If
you are adding to a sendto folder that belongs to someone else you will not
see it in your user accounts drop down menu. If you are not the administrator
or setup in the same group your changes may not take affect? Did you do an

j;-)

"~ FreeSpirit ~" wrote:

> "Jaymon" <Jaymon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Search for it using windows search, advanced options, sendTo, then just
> > add
> > what you want to the folder.
> =====================
> That's fine. You see them in the SendTo folder - but they don't show up on
> the SendTo menu when you right click the mouse. How do you get them to show
> up there?
>
> FS~

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

What is the error that you get when you type sendto in the Start | Run box?

Who are you logged on as?

Type or paste this in the Start | Run box...
%homepath%

What folder opens?

Type or paste this in the Start | Run box...
%homepath%\SendTo

What folder opens?

Do a Search on your machine for SendTo.
Follow the instructions here...
HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Ot257ymlFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
~ FreeSpirit ~ <spammenot@nospam.net> hunted and pecked:

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message

> "~ FreeSpirit ~" <spammenot@nospam.net> wrote in message

>>> How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270
>> This info from the website above is useless for WXP-Home/SP2. You get an
>> error when you type sendto in the Start/Run box. So that doesn't work.
>>
>> And the information below - that doesn't work either. I can't delete
>> anything from the SendTo folder as it still shows up in the sendto menu
>> on right click even when it's no longer in the folder. Adding things to
>> that folder don't work either, as they DO NOT show up on right click.
>> How are things added in WXP-Home/Sp2 ?
>>
>> FS~
>>

>> To add a destination to the Send To menu, you must add a shortcut to the
>> SendTo folder. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then
>> click Run.
>> 2. In the Open box, type sendto, and then click OK.
>> 3. Add a destination by doing one of the following: . Use the
>> drag-and-drop operation to move the item that you want to the SendTo
>> folder; to do so, right-click, and then click Create Shortcuts Here.
>> -or-
>> . Point to New on the File menu, and then click Shortcut.
>>
>> =============================
>> Follow the instructions in the Create Shortcut Wizard.
>> A new shortcut is created in the SendTo folder, and it is displayed
>> on the Send To menu.
>> NOTE: To open the SendTo Folder, you can also perform the following
>> steps: 1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
>> 2. Double-click the drive where Windows is installed (usually drive
>> C, unless you have more than one drive on your computer).
>> 3. If you cannot view the items on your drive when you open it,
>> under System Tasks, click Show the contents of this drive.
>> 4. Double-click the Documents and Settings folder.
>> 5. Double-click the folder of the user whose SendTo menu you want to
>> change (usually your own).
>> 6. Double-click the SendTo folder.
>> 7. The SendTo folder is hidden by default. If the folder is not
>> visible, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then on the View
>> tab, click Show hidden files and folders.
>>

> What error are you getting?

* A window opens and says: "Windows cannot find sendto. Make sure you
typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file click the
Start button, and then click Search."

> Are you using an administrator account?

* I guess so since I'm the only one using this PC (one account on it). How
would I know? Everything else in Start/RUN works such as msconfig etc.

> Each user has a SendTo folder. Do you have more than one user?

* No. How do I communicate that to Run?
> --
> Ron Sommer

FS..........

~ FreeSpirit ~ wrote:
> * A window opens and says: "Windows cannot find sendto. Make sure
> you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a
> file click the Start button, and then click Search."

Yeah - this happens on some machines. Use explorer and just go to it.
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\SendTo

You could even cut/paste these lines into a notepad document, save that as
C:\opensendto.cmd and run it..

explorer "%USERPROFILE%\SendTo"

>> Are you using an administrator account?
>
> * I guess so since I'm the only one using this PC (one account on
> it). How would I know? Everything else in Start/RUN works such as
> msconfig etc.

Windows XP - doesn't matter if you are the only one using it.. You are
unlikely to be the only user. Especially if it is XP Home Edition, then you
have the Administrator user that can only normally be accessed in Safe Mode.

>> Each user has a SendTo folder. Do you have more than one user?
>
> * No. How do I communicate that to Run?

You don't. I have seen this happen before - where Start-->Run-->SendTo
stopped working - reasoning (to me) unknown and I was never bothered by it..
Since I knew how to get to it.

You could even type the line I gave above into Start-->Run and it would work
fine..